Mental blank. Can't think what this is. Please help so I can sleep

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170217_034345.jpg
i can't for the life of me remember what this is called and it's contagious:confused:. I emailed this to a friend who can't think of its name and asked another "learned" gardener friend and its name escapes her as well. I'm "sureish" it has pink flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What? The "dead" part or the "XD"?

The dead means it was so funny I died. And the XD is just an old school way of saying this: View attachment 16727

Oh as in the awesome xdcd online comic strip (see I'm not a complete old fogey!)

OK got it now. Phew. It just occurred to me I've been online (well if you count AOL) for a little longer than you've been alive. o_O

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bergenia are evergreen perennials in the Saxifrage family (Saxifragaceae), native to parts of China, the Himalayas and central Asia.
They have long been popular garden plants due to the exceptional beauty of both their flowers and leaves.
There are ten somewhat similar species, with Bergenia crassifolia, B. ciliata, and B. purpurascens being those most often grown horticulturally. Furthermore, many of the most popular cultivars are hybrids of two or more species.

Though most often referred to as Bergenia, there are other common names for these plants, such as Elephant-eared Saxifrage and Pig-squeak. The amusing explanation for the latter name is that supposedly the sound of a squealing pig can be generated by rubbing the smooth leaves between one's fingers.

Ask a Question