Fruits for indoors? Some sun and supplemental lighting

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all, first I would like to say thank you for letting me joing gardening forums.

I recently have dove head first in to growing plants indoors. As of now i have 5 different houseplants(1 coffee plant intended to be a bonsai for the love of coffee, not that i will be able to make any) a variety of herbs just sprouting also beet and alfalfa microgreens. Now I have picked up one of those foot long CFL's and reflector along with equipment for 3 hydroponic 5 gal buckets.

So I have been doing research for good indoor fruits, but seem to be getting a headache. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I originally wanted strawberries and dwarf blueberries, but blueberries seem to be a little complicated. So as of now strawberries will be a definite. Any suggestions on lower-medium height fruit plant i could grow with strong-moderate window sunlight for about 4-6 hours (depending on season) and additional light from the 125 w cfl(more details about light when i have it back at my house).

I figured soil is good for strawberries maybe experiment in one hydro bucket. So i have 2 hydro buckets open for something that grows a little larger. Dwarf plants? Trimmed and pruned orange/tangerine seems interesting? Fig ?? Will probably have a tomato, but my main interest are those sweet sweet fruits.

Help please! Cant make up my mind.

Open to any ideas or interesting veggies

Side thought. What about fruit flys?

Edit: any recommended books that would cover all topics mentioned and some?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Update: new thread appeared after i posted. Lemons and limes along with necterine and figs seem plausible. Anyone have experience with hydro grows?

Humidity, ph, amount of light? Sorry im googled out. Need a teacher with experience

Ask a Question