Who here has a lawn ?

Reaction score
And who doesn't? If not, do you miss it? I have lived in condos for many years now & I sorely miss having a lawn.

As a kid, when I was old enough to run the power motor, my dad turned over most of the yard care, & all the lawn care, to me & I loved every minute of it! Nothing like the smell of a fresh cut lawn! It was a joy to edge it, either by hand or the power edger, then mow it in my certain patterns & finally, to set up the Rainbird sprinkler & give it a good soaking. Then after all was said & done, take some pride in our yard!

Oh how I miss those days.....

Reaction score
We have a lawn and this year hubby bought a riding mower, boy does that cute down on the mowing time! Our property is considered quite big here, most people have a post stamp size lot if they even live in a house. Most people live in apartment blocks and have no lawn at all.

We do not water it though. We go with the theory that if you don't ever water your lawn it will find ways to get it's own water and it works really well. Our gardener to us that is the best way so we never watered it even after we laid the seed. We were lucky though and it lighlty rained the night and next day after we put down the seed.

See? Lush and green!
DSC_0024.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, that is a beautiful lawn & with little or no water ! I would go there & mow your land with a push mower as I love to cut grass! So much room for children to play !

Jed

Reaction score
Yes that looks like a lovely lawn for kids to play on.:)
I really miss the lawns of my childhood. I learnt to ride a bicycle, played football and cricket and also had the job of pushing the mower and raking the grass clippings.
I haven't had a lawn for 30 years. My property is in the Australian bush with many native animals grazing what ever grass grows. So what lawn there is is closely cropped.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I don't like lawns...not in my garden at least, I don't have anything against lawns in big parks in my area. My parents turned their whole garden into an enormous lawn:( . It's such a waste. I prefer flowers over grass:)

Reaction score
We have 2 very weedy lawns. I just cut them short and forget about them The lawn in that pic looks in very good condition and weed free.

Reaction score
We have lots of lawn and trees and "stuff". Plus I get to mow the grass in my orchard, not very big there though. Not sure what we are going to do with our 2.5 acres of grass this year with no cows....SweetBeast, you could mow to your hearts content there!!

Reaction score
Oh, don't toy with me lovinglife as I so much enjoy lawn care !!! 2.5 acres will take me a little longer, you understand! And what "stuff" have you, if I may?

Reaction score
Well, we have about 15 lilac bushes, some ornamental cedar shrubs, snowball bush, in the orchard raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, then around our place over 100 various trees, lots of pines, in our 2.5 acre pasture, lots of other pines growing, still small and the cows kind of messed them up... Oh and about a 7500 gallon koi pond...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lovinglife, you have so many lilac bushes? It must be wonderful! They're so beautiful, I love their color and their sweet scent. It's like a dream. My parents had had one lilac bush in their garden but they decided to cut it:mad: . I plan to plant a lot of lilac bushes but right now I don't have enough space:(

Reaction score
We bought a bulk pack from the soil conservation, so we have them ringing our yard, yes, wonderful shrubs!

Reaction score
I have a lawn, but I just moved in a few days ago and haven't had a chance to get to it yet, plus the three feet of snow are in my way at the moment ;). The backyard here looked like a pile of mud so I have my work cut out for me this spring.

Reaction score
My post t
I have a lawn, but I just moved in a few days ago and haven't had a chance to get to it yet, plus the three feet of snow are in my way at the moment ;). The backyard here looked like a pile of mud so I have my work cut out for me this spring.

My reply to you didn't get Posted Lanie, I'm sure it was my fault, but here it is again!

Yes, you will have some work ahead of you, but I think it's fun to design in your mind, or on paper, what you want to do with your yard, work at it, then see it come to fruition! But fruition is not really the case as our gardens are never really finished, are they!

Best wishes Lanie!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had 1 acre back in NJ and 3 acres here but I find it relaxing to sit on the mower .But hate trimming the edges

Ask a Question