Who here has a lawn ?

Reaction score
Yes! Our house is on a corner lot, so the lawn is decent. My husband keeps it GREEEEEEEN! We had a drought in Kansas last year and he was out of town a lot so I couldn't keep up with it, the trees AND the tomatoes. So this year he's growing baby grass and puts straw on it and stakes and CAUTION tape around the stakes!!!!! I can't remember the last time I mowed. Our son is almost 12 and he mows for us for a little bit of money. We are all thrilled about the deal!

Reaction score
We only have a drive way, we have a backyard, but if I were to ever have kids I would definitely want to play on a nice flat lawn.

Reaction score
I have grass. I'm not sure it can really be called a lawn as it's not much more than an edging to my (tiny) wildflower meadow. The rest of my garden is bursting with flowers so I think it's good to have something calming in the centre.

Reaction score
There are so many benefits to having a lawn! I grew up in a house where we were lucky enough to have a front and back lawn. It provided so many opportunities for adventure, especially as a little kid! As a kid I grew up watching my parents work on the garden we had, only anticipating the day I would have my own lawn and garden. Now I'm an adult unfortunately living a condo, sorely missing the beautiful view of a lawn. Make the most of a lawn if you have one :)

Reaction score
I love my lawn. It's very big but it has its benefits. Getting off of the couch and puching a mower around might not seem like a physical challenge but mowing your lawn can burn more calories than playing volleyball or football. You'll be using your muscles and getting a cardiovascular workout all the time; and mowing your lawn will work both your upper and lower body. I find its a brilliant workout and its also a beautiful view.

Reaction score
We have a lawn but I would be very happy to get rid of it. It always seems to be overgrown and we have a dog, so it never looks good.

I'd be very willing to dig it up and turn it into a vegetable growing area. Just need to finally win the battle with the husband ;)

Reaction score
I live in a mobile home community (the fancy way of saying trailer park! haha), but we have a lot of houses on our street. Thankfully, we were blessed with a good-sized lawn for my gardening! I don't think I could move somewhere without a lawn after experiencing having one for so long. I've lived without them before, and it is no picnic!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
We have very little lawn left. The majority of the yard has been converted to perennial beds interspersed with edibles and woodland areas. Love having the paths that take you through the garden areas. Patio areas have potted plants to soften the hard scape and a place to get some new plants off to a good start until I can decide where to place them.

Reaction score
We do have a lawn. We live on ten acres but just 2 are considered to be our yard. The rest of the area is wooded. We have a nice sized front, back and side yards. We garden in the back and have a few fruit/nut trees on the sides and flower beds in the front. We do have to keep it mowed which can be a pain! We do enjoy our yard though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I live in a condo and we do have a beautiful lawn but I don't have to cut it. Actually I love cutting lawn and kind of miss it. Of course, if I had to do it again all the time, i would probably not miss it that much. lol

Reaction score
I live on over an acre of property with a huge lawn and at times it can be a bit of a chore maintaining it, and sometimes long for less of it lol, but at the same time enjoy it. I think if I were living in an apartment or someplace else that didn't have a lawn I would miss it.

Reaction score
I've lived in arid and drought prone areas to really be fond of front lawns anymore, but I did enjoy them as a kid and I like the occasional grassy picnic friendly park.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
We are out in the country, and there is a small meadow around our trailer, so we needed a riding lawn mower to keep it cut. We have had a pretty rainy summer, so the lawn just kept growing faster and faster. My husband had to try and keep it mowed in e tween the rainy days.
Now that we are heading into fall, the rain has settled down, and the grass is growing a whole lot slower as well.
It is a lot of work with the mower, and the weedeaters' but it look good afterwards, and we enjoy having the yard.

Reaction score
I still have a rather large lawn. However, I live in a small town in Arizona that has been affected by drought over the past several years. We got a new mayor and town council and with them some serious water restrictions. My lawn is suffering. We do have a monsoon season, but it rarely gives us all we need. I hate the thought of desert landscaping, though that probably is the civically-minded thing to do. I love a beautiful lawn!

Ask a Question