Who here has a lawn ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't think i could plant all this up no matter what :)retired but still not enough time in the day .Not sure how you do it tmann .I can barely keep up now and find the lawn is easier

Reaction score
We just bought out first home at the end of 2011. It has a decent sized front yard, but a HUGE backyard. I really enjoy having a yard because I love to add my personal touch to it, and really give it nice curb appeal. I do wish that our back yard was a tad bit smaller. It is so long and takes forever to mow. Needless to say we had to invest in a decent lawn mower just for that reason alone! Coming from living in an apartment, mowing an enormous lawn is quite a chore!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Get an Ipod and time flies by .

Reaction score
I so agree with you on missing lawn. I grew up in a house where we had a front and back lawn. When I became an adult, things have changed and I now live in an apartment building. I miss cutting the grass--yes, my mother and I took care of the lawn as well; I just love the outdoors. I miss having a garden in the back yard. My current goal is to move into a house within the next three years so that my future children can experience what I did. Having a lawn can be so much fun, especially on a boring day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I see people around here that want lots of property and then get it and don't maintain it .It is not that you need the perfect weed free lawn just something healthy and green .Rabbits love munching on clover and deer just love munching .

Reaction score
I have space in my backyard to plant a lawn, but no lawn is back there. It is really kind of rocky ground in my backyard, and since I rent, I was thinking of just leaving it the way it is, but putting a lawn back there would be really enjoyable.

Reaction score
I think I have the best of both worlds. I live in a mobile home park where the lawn is the responsibility of the park but the landscaping and gardening is my responsibility. I love the fact that I have a lawn. I have a corner lot so my yard is pretty big. I love even more that I don't have to mow, weed, seed or otherwise maintain the lawn. I just have to enjoy it, LOL. I also love the smell of freshly cut grass but am so grateful I am not the one who makes that happen, LOL.

Liz

Reaction score
I know your not supposed to drink and drive, but I love a good cold beer while I am mowing the lawn.... my rider has a nice little cup holder, which I don't use as it usually gets grass in it.... so I have to drink it...:D

Reaction score
I have a lawn and its been pretty lush and green since purchasing the house but this season it started coming up with many brown dead patches :confused: It looks pretty rough at the moment :eek: If I had it my way, my yard would be cement with beautiful landscaping, and a large natural pool. I think those natural pools ROCK!

Reaction score
I have a lawn, but it isn't a very big one. We rent right now and are planning on buying something next year (hopefully, anyway), and I hope that I can get at least a couple of acres.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
We caretake on acreage, so we have a lot to mow around the house trailer. Then there is the woods beyond that, so when it is all mowed, it almost looks like a park. There was an old farmhouse that burned years ago, so we are bringing some of the flowers down from the old yard, and putting them out around the house and meadow here.
We had to have a riding mower to mow all of the yard, and two weed eaters, and it keeps both of us busy.
image.jpg

Reaction score
I also miss my lawn, I grew up in a house where we played in the grass during the fall, in the leaves and we played in the snow in the winter. Now with having an apartment I miss helping to mow the lawn. I love the outdoors in the spring and some of the summer but the winter is not a fan of mine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
The biggest part of my lawn is in front of the house. The backyard takes about ten minutes to cut.

BTW - Nice lawns pictured above.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Almost all of our acreage is hills and timber, but we do have a little lawn. I don't miss the maintenance time that I used to spend on larger ones. :)

Ask a Question