Which fruit trees give fast fruits

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
31ºc 66% humudity hot climate rains when it gets more hot
Country
India
Hello guys i wanted to know which fruit plants give fast fruits i know they r first grown into trees
There must be some fruits which produce fruits when they are plants
Im soo amazed that ppl who grow fruit trees they have imense patience in them i just heard that apple trees start producing fruit after 5 years
Thats way too long
When ever i plant anything i just eait to see what comes up the very next day
There must be some fruits which produce faster
Which are those ???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I suppose banannas are the fastest and they take about a year. You can purchase grafted fruit trees such as peaches and p!ums which usua!!y produce the year after p!anting. However, they are c!imate sensitive and I don't know of any varities suitab!e for your c!imate a!though there may be some

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was going to say fig as well, though I have never actually grown them. I have a small plant I purchased and then I have a few babies from cuttings. Most people buy fruit trees because they don't usually produce until they are a couple years old.

I am growing a ground cherry plant that someone gave me earlier this year that has produced fruit quickly. Technically, a tomato is a fruit so I would say look for things like that which are more bush/vine growing and which people generally treat as annuals (tomatoes are actually perennial).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh, passion fruit is one that grows on a vine that you don't have to wait years and years for! You do need a cross pollinator though. And strawberries can be grown quickly, though it is usually recommended that you pinch off the flowers and the runners in the first year to get stronger plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
31ºc 66% humudity hot climate rains when it gets more hot
Country
India
Hey thanks loved the advice i could have never thought of figs thank u soooo much guys for thr help i really appreciate it
I wish i could stay near by all u guys than i wouldnt need to even grow them or even hunt for cuttings
Of any plant fruuts or veggies ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have a banana planted in our backyard. It is imported from Thailand - a hybrid of banana and plantain that grows fast and bears fruits fast. The usual banana takes a year to fruit but this breed produces a blossom 8 months after planting and the fruits can be harvested in 3 months time - that's a total of 11 months, clearly less than a year from planting to harvesting. Fast enough for a fruit tree. Pineapple is a small plant but it takes 18 months to fruit. Just for a comparison.

Reaction score
Much as I would agree that fig tree cuttings do grow fast and quite prolifically too - as they are much the same as any other fruit bearing tree - in that unless you buy an established tree - they are unlikely to bear fruit in the first year or even the second or third year after planting - I too would agree that banana would be your best bet.

Ask a Question