Hoping my fruit trees are ok

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yesterday was a lousy day weather wise. It rained most of the day and about 3pm it started to sleet. About 4pm it turned to heavy snow on top of the ice. Ordinarily I wouldn’t care but all my apple and pear trees are in full bloom. As soon as it warms up a bit I’ll head outside and see if there is any branch damage. It will probably be a couple of days before I can tell if the blossoms were killed. Again. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
3F1B543A-C793-449A-A5C4-0AE70079AAB7.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no, sorry to hear that :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that some blooms survive

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So sorry! I know how it goes, since it happens here every year! Usually the trees manage to make it through and still produce a crop.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It did happen to my peach tree one year. A cold snap and no blooms at all and not one peach that year. I think I will get a patio dwarf! LOL!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Fingers Crossed & a Bit of luck Silentrunning the Pollinators Where Busy Visiting your trees before the Snow & got the Job Done So your get your Apples & Pears (y) I also Bet they are Tucked up in bed now

Ask a Question