Fruit trees

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I sure hope my little fruit trees make it through this Tropical Storm, I have invested so much time and money in them. I also have 2 100+ year old acorn and pecan trees that have been Bending significantly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I sure hope my little fruit trees make it through this Tropical Storm, I have invested so much time and money in them. I also have 2 100+ year old acorn and pecan trees that have been Bending significantly.
The big trees have been through a lot worse than this tropical storm. On the small young trees just stake them so that they won't blow over.

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yea I staked them with pvc yesterday in hopes they will make it. I worry more about about the limbs, some of them are huge! We are getting hammered right now sustained winds of 35 and gusts up over 60mph. So far so good though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, I do hope you come through this tropical storm without damage! We have survived strong winds and have found that the younger trees are more flexible and can withstand the winds better than the larger trees with stiffer limbs.
Please let us know how your trees did, and you also!

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am happy to say we weathered the storm and are good to go, still no power going on 3 1/2 days now. We are on well water so that's not working either. The fruit trees are doing great no damage and believe it or not my plastic sheet for solarization didn't move an inch. Lots of people in Georgia are without power and we lost some beautiful old Pecan and Acorn trees but nothing compared to south Florida and what they are going through. I am originally from Pensacola Fl so I know those are strong people down there and will be fine in the long run but what a disaster there going through now. My thoughts and prayers go up to all the folks in Texas, Florida, Montana, Arizona and Oregon.

Ask a Question