Where are you?

Reaction score
Well you need your artichokes to be doing well with all the flooding and mess.

And old traditional Italian variety- that sounds even better. I'm going to see if I can get some seeds now so I have them to refrigerate next winter. Each year I start my artichokes earlier.

There is no way artichokes can overwinter here. Especially this year! I'm in zone 6, but barely. I'm close enough to Lake Michigan that the water has an effect where I am. Go 10 miles west of me and it's zone 5. What zone are you in?

Reaction score
Meowmie - I do and am very surprised that they are - especially as they are getting much more water than they actually need or like.
Hope you get to try the old Italian variety as it is supposed to be one of the best :D
As to which zone am I in - this is a little difficult - due to the fact that I appear to be in more than one - especially as I live in one of those odd climates that has two very definite extremes - with very little in between and go from extremely cold winters where temperatures can go down to as low as - 12C suddenly into scorching hot summers where temperatures regularly exceed over 45 C relentlessly - for over 12 hours a day.

Ask a Question