What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Rudbeckia gold star from £4.97 to £1

SAM_0151.JPG

A lot of seeds: 50p Went to Wyevale too late!

More Nora Barlow again 4th time I bought this blessed packet!
SAM_0246.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_0150.JPG
    SAM_0150.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 164
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh !!!! well done @alp. Love them all ,especially the Zinnia, Poppy and Berkheya ( never heard of it ...so off to do a bit of googling ) (y):)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Just to remind you all that list of bulbs I ordered is only add to the already 100,000. planted over the years. I just visually some empty colors or bloom times and order to tighten that area up.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just ordered----
Fritillaria meleagris
100 $15.75
Allium Firmament
5 $10.25
Allium Gladiator
5 $12.00
Allium rosenbachianum
5 $10.25
Lily Stargazer
5 $8.75
Lily Muscadet
5 $8.75

Love Fritillaria meleagris and I would love to have some fritillaria imperalis .. yellow and orange.

You're going to have a very fragrant garden with the starglazers..

Well done!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh !!!! well done @alp. Love them all ,especially the Zinnia, Poppy and Berkheya ( never heard of it ...so off to do a bit of googling ) (y):)

These are left overs.. All the goodies were gone. I love my aubretia and I wished I had bought the phlox at poundshop!:cry::cry:

I turned up my nose ... :eek::cry:

Poppy I might be able to see a flower or two next year. I have now a spot for them and they are fighting for that spot with Trollius Chinensis, hellebore plant and seeds, some tree lilies.. My garden is so small!:cry::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely daffs, I really like the bottom one. So interesting with variations in the trumpets. Strange that they call it narcissus.

A good collection, @Larisa

Glad that I didn't see them as I wouldn't be able to exercise any control over my impulse buy!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My latest buy came today....anemone Elfin Swan. Still a few flowers, excellent size and quality so really pleased. One for me....got all the Swan varieties now....and one for my niece's new build. She has given me a remit to plant lots of white flowerers. :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes when I look at all the varieties of snowdrops, my mind boggles. There are soooooo many varieties and yet they all look similar. I stare and stare and scratch my head and the nuances are just so miniscule ..

So how many varieties of white single J anemones are there, @Verdun ? White flowers, she will be spoil for choice. I am sure a bit of green foliage will make her garden very enchanting.. You know once you have a 3L pot of Jap anemone, you can have so many side shoots that it makes the 3L purchase so worthwhile. Also, that takes away the pain of seeing your seeds failing to make an appearance or the weak seedlings die off because of damping off and all those nuisances coming with raising a plant from seeds. But still, the mother in me likes to see the struggle ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
But this is the narcissus here! :) Do you have a different name?

:D Perhaps it would be better if I did not see it either! Now I have to put it all in the ground in the rain.:cool:

We call the small ones narcissus and the bigger ones with big trumpets daffodils. I might be wrong.

I know how you feel. I love buying plants, but as soon as I am home, my headache starts.. even though it is NOT raining. Just nowhere to put them and if I leave them in pots, they usually die off because of the drought and the heat. Also, thinking that I would be moving, I have already been lining the length of my garden with tons of pots, literally can walk on the narrow side walk..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They are not japanese anemones alp.....all White Swan varieties; 4 big clumps of Wild Swan plus Ruffled Swan, Dreaming Swan and Elfin Swan. All similar flowers, ie white fronts, blue backs, but vary in height and some are single flowers, some semi double and some double :) they dont seed or send "runners"

Yes, it will be about foliage too for my niece. Classy, refined and cool :) I will also add a flat wall water feature and a mirror on opposite fence. It should be good

Here I want more white flowers even though I have quite a lot of them but I also feel I want to soften the heleniums, dahlias, salvias, agastaches in late summer :)

Hey! I have "preached" about dividing 3 litre plants but in this case I have potted on into 5 litre pots to plant when I have prepped the ground.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just shows how much I know. I so want to have an uncle like you ... hehe! What are those flowering in spring again?

Verdun you should start a national collection. Don't send runners? Well, I have to go bargain hunting and I bet they will be the same Honorine, and Jobert ... or Prinz Hein??? I can't really afford all these specific cultivars. Went to Wyevale and even the reduced stuff was quite expensive. Didn't really look every well in Hyde Hall as ex was there and he didn't like us spending too much time buying stuff. .. I could have got something but the shop was a bit sparse when we were there. Also, the plants were a bit on the small size, not the 3L I usually get reduced in diy stores.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ha ha, only 4 varieties of Wild Swan alp so no "national collection"
Yes, they flower in late spring and then dont stop until autumn. Mine are now beginning to stop flowering :)

Ask a Question