What's your latest garden buy/ bargain.....share please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh!! you've done very well too @alp . Is that bottom Allium one of those really big ones? I saw some at Mottisfont... they were huge!!! I have managed to get some seeds , ( don't ask) but I think it takes quite a while to reach the flowering stage!!

Haha! That'a bargain ... 18cm .. That's why I was so chuffed. I paid £10 for 3 bulbs - Ambassador, Gladiator and ?? at Hyde Hall. But they performed miserably as I left them in pots and disturbed them near the flowering time. So I paid £1.50 for 2 bulbs. But there are better ways of getting them. I have the smaller version, the size of purple sensation. I love the yellow frilly tulips as well. They have Queen of the Night ie. the black ones. I reckon it's the same as Dark Knight .. If I can't find a name to my streptocarpus, I will add some poetic licence and probably name it as alp

Think we have to ban @Vishu1708 .. for being naughty LOL! I have a receipt to show. They sometimes go to the bin. You should have seen the grass being destined for the bin. I saw 4 rolls of them destined to landfill. I so wanted to ask the lady for a discount. But I haven't got the energy or room for them. Think about the loomy soil they can be turned into.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Haha! That'a bargain ... 18cm .. That's why I was so chuffed. I paid £10 for 3 bulbs - Ambassador, Gladiator and ?? at Hyde Hall. But they performed miserably as I left them in pots and disturbed them near the flowering time. So I paid £1.50 for 2 bulbs. But there are better ways of getting them. I have the smaller version, the size of purple sensation. I love the yellow frilly tulips as well. They have Queen of the Night ie. the black ones. I reckon it's the same as Dark Knight .. If I can't find a name to my streptocarpus, I will add some poetic licence and probably name it as alp

Think we have to ban @Vishu1708 .. for being naughty LOL! I have a receipt to show. They sometimes go to the bin. You should have seen the grass being destined for the bin. I saw 4 rolls of them destined to landfill. I so wanted to ask the lady for a discount. But I haven't got the energy or room for them. Think about the loomy soil they can be turned into.
Haha....lol
Its good thing to rescue plants..... if the grass is destined for dustbin then why not give it away for free..... atleast that is what we do here.... plant stores/nurseries here give the throw away plants for free when you buy something...... i buy second hand plastic pots for 4 for a 80Rs(1£).....its a win win situation for all.... i get cheap pots...... it doesnt occupy extra space at the plant center and the plastic doesnt end up in a landfill

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
India
Completed the festival shopping today morning and cooking doesnt start until tomorrow so spent the entire afternoon looking for stuff.....
Got these today:
A 4 ft tall allspice tree
20171016_174751-1.jpg

An Indian Bay leaf tree
20171016_174904-1.jpg

And a cinnamon plant
20171016_174815-1.jpg

I got these three for 350Rs (4£) total

I know this isnt related to gardening but couldnt help myself....:p:D
31 clay lamps for 70Rs (0.81£)
20171016_174424-1.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought 2 dqphne Perfume Princess today. Been after them for couple of years since I saw it growing in a friend's garden. The scent is amazing. A bit of haggling and I am happy with the price. :)
Tempted by an acacia baileyana purpurea too and a host of other stuff on offer :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Completed the festival shopping today morning and cooking doesnt start until tomorrow so spent the entire afternoon looking for stuff.....
Got these today:
A 4 ft tall allspice tree
View attachment 28483
An Indian Bay leaf tree
View attachment 28484
And a cinnamon plant
View attachment 28485
I got these three for 350Rs (4£) total

I know this isnt related to gardening but couldnt help myself....:p:D
31 clay lamps for 70Rs (0.81£)
View attachment 28486

Love your purchases, @Vishu1708 ! BARGAIN GALORE! I so want to have a turmeric and cinnamon tree..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Bought 2 dqphne Perfume Princess today. Been after them for couple of years since I saw it growing in a friend's garden. The scent is amazing. A bit of haggling and I am happy with the price. :)
Tempted by an acacia baileyana purpurea too and a host of other stuff on offer :)

But how much .. Sorry for being sooo nosy ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh .....@verdun, are they hard to come by or are you very patient......off to google them now:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Have you been shopping, @Upsy Daisy ! Glad that you have me time posting. Off to watch Liar now!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No @alp ....no shopping , took sis over to my dads today, hubs and I had a day in town visiting friends. Haven't watched Liar.......is it good? Had thought that I might do catch up.

Just thought I have recently stocked up on multi purpose compost......I know how to live life :D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No @alp ....no shopping , took sis over to my dads today, hubs and I had a day in town visiting friends. Haven't watched Liar.......is it good? Had thought that I might do catch up.

Just thought I have recently stocked up on multi purpose compost......I know how to live life :D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

Don't even talk to me about mpc. :cry::cry::cry: I saw about 10 o f 70L of Levington mpc or top soil going for £2. I waited for my son with my bad leg and it took a long time for him to turn up. Any way, I didn't buy them. I am kicking myself even now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear @alp ...never mind ,I expect you will no doubt hunt down another bargain soon(y):)

Hi everybody.....hope you are all in fine fettle this morning.

Up early and have demolished the mountain of ironing that had yet again appeared from no where:)

Just off to catch up with a friend this morning , then will nip over to Dad's as he has a few chores lined up for hubs;) and I will place his online shop.

Hoped to get an hour or two in the garden....but somehow I doubt it.

That's the problem.....when you have a house guest who is recovering from a serious illness that has messed up their digestive system completely..... meal planning and preparation!!!

Have a Thoroughly Terrific Tuesday everyone.:)

Ask a Question