What's looking good in March 2017

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I have a flower by the end of the month!

I will not say when I can see it in my garden.:D

@Daren @Becky All this looks stunning! Camellia in the garden - in sorcery for me. Now I think I should go and buy a small camellia in a flower pot. :love:

@zigs I incredibly appreciate the possibility of your work !!!
:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Larisa: Don't just go any any camelias - I myself love a Williamsii x Debbie and @Mark56 can show you his lovely stunning camelia .. He has a stunner, pure class..

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed these under the van, weren't there last year :cautious:

DSCI0001 (15).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it lovely to have something vibrant shining out of a shady corner! What is it called? Can't quite remember!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs it is April 1st...Can we have a What's Looking Good for April 2017? I can do it, but it is a continuation of your thread with sticky status and i don't want to step on your toes.

Oh, are those Forget Me Nots?:love:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good point Beverly :)

Didn't even think about it :rolleyes: Lot going on in me head, been trying to get money together to visit my daughter, and managed it (y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The same happened to me> I planted tons of them - tulips, daffs, but they seem to have disappeared. Could be squirrels, or rats..
It couldn't possibly be squirrels or rats, here. The concrete you see behind the flowers is my front porch, and that's where the cats tend to congregate. I'm thinking the cold/warm/cold/warm weather we've been having is the reason. :( And the day after I posted the pic, a rainstorm broke the stem on my daffodil. :eek::mad::cry:

@zigs, what is the pink flower - the second one in post # 101? Kind of reminds me of snakeskin! :ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
MaryMary: I'm surprised I haven't got notification on my email.. I had just restored it..

I also wonder if it were the floods from neighbour's pond which lasted for 3 days or the flash flood in May or June last year which completely swamped my garden.. It was a unique experience. We have had rain, but that one was serious. Wish I had taken a photo of it.. We have lived here for 21 years and that was a first.. Plant them in pots, MaryMary.. The repeat rate is much better. At least for tulips, any way!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Plant them in pots, MaryMary.. The repeat rate is much better. At least for tulips, any way!

I've been thinking about that, but I've never bothered with perennials in pots, unless you count houseplants!! I really just enjoy sticking them in the ground, hoping they thrive, and putting something else next to it. (y)

I would always worry about dormant plants in pots. :oops: :unsure: What are they doing in there? Are they still alive? Do they need anything done to them? With only me to stop me from fussing with them, I'm sure it would kill one of us!! :ROFLMAO:

I'm still working on filling my flower bed, I'm sure I'll "graduate" to pots later. ;) I am really like the idea of making a bulb lasagna, to bloom at different times!! Something like one of these:

450ad99ded87cb94df5deecb84eb00f5.jpg

th

th

Ask a Question