What's looking good in March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Show us what's been going on in your part of the world :)

February's thread here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
A lovely day. I wake up to cats talking up to a fight. Go look to see, some strange orange Tom is trying to start a fight with our barn Tom. Nope! I chased him off in pjs and slippers. My stepsons cat is causing all kinds of problems amongst the males! He moved in early November, she’s still here. There wasn’t room for her to go with, when they left. 3 teenage boys, 2 dogs, and 2 adults in a pickup. He will have to come get her!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Indoor basil, kale, spinach, mustard greens, and beets. My worm freezer is starting to spit out some liquid and I have lots of dirt/manure moving to do. I started tomatoes and will do peppers next week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I expect one more freeze at least, so I haven’t started my seeds yet. Maybe next week. The flower seeds I had tried to start, well my jerk cats knocked them into my fish tank. So they didn’t work. I’ll have to drain the tank completely, clean it out, toss my snails in the pond. The fish I had in there all died, not sure if something got in there that shouldn’t have, or if I had added city water instead of well water, or if the well water was bad. ( pump had gone out, had to get a new one, was without water over a week. Fish died after new water was added, but before my jerks knocked seed starters in)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
These Just Popped out this morning (y) Brave Daff's
P1000498.JPG

Attachments

• P1000498.JPG
    P1000498.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll be offline today and most of tomorrow, I’m playing soldier. Freezing my feet off, eating bad food, lacking coffee, playing the bs game. It’s a snafu. I’ll pop in when I can, y’all stay warm for me!

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'll start a little March detour and show what I've been up to.
Hey, thread IS titled "what's looking good in March" right?
Started this little project in Feb., finished up yesterday.
Decided to add a little "kick" to the master bedroom.
Designed and built a pediment for the patio door, added crown molding to the vaulted ceiling, and wall trim as well.
Fresh paint on everything,and my brother the pro hung some vintage damask paper below the new trim.

the room with new trim, and the pediment
DSCF4250 (2).JPG
DSCF4266 (2).JPG

some more views

DSCF4275 (3).JPG
DSCF4291 (2).JPG

and trying to stay in the gardening vein, I'll include a pic of the black and white photos from around my garden that I printed and framed!

DSCF4277 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What a lovely job you've made of the bedroom mg guy; take a big pat on your back; I'm impressed. Very neat workmanship and I like the colour scheme which suits it perfectly; you'll be rightfully proud of it now its finished; enjoyable work isn't it? Thanks for sharing. (y)(y)(y)

What's next?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Becky ,what a stunning place. We have a similar area just across the lane from our house. Very fortunate to have it to stroll around ,see the wildlife and enjoy the peace and quiet!:)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question