Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCI0005 (11).JPG

DSCI0007 (11).JPG

Found these Wild Daffodils hiding in a wood in the middle of the Marshwood Vale. Nice to see them not interbred with cultivated Narccissi :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What a strange winter we are having here in OH. :confused:

I can't really say they are "looking good" yet, but maybe "looking off to a good start!!" :)

0302171145a.jpg

Fingers crossed, and it doesn't get too cold again, I might have a flower to show you by the end of the month! :)

Thank you for showing me pretty flowers!! (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary that is a Salvia Greggii, also known as Autumn Sage or Cherry Sage. It's a Texas native, perennial, and tough as nails! It also comes in raspberry, white, dark red, and salmon pink colors. It would most likely do well in your area if planted where it would have some winter protection (like against a stone wall or house foundation.) Bees and hummingbirds love it, and it blooms over a long period of time--February to October here.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The daffodil looks the same as it did a week ago. Now, I also have a very tiny tulip. :)

0309171201Tulip.jpg

Salvia Greggii, also known as Autumn Sage or Cherry Sage. It's a Texas native, perennial, and tough as nails! It also comes in raspberry, white, dark red, and salmon pink colors. It would most likely do well in your area if planted where it would have some winter protection (like against a stone wall or house foundation.)
Ok, thank you @marlingardener!! I'll look for it! (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, if you find a salvia greggii that you like, buy only one. They propagate easily from cuttings--I just take about a 6" to 8" cutting of new wood, stick it in the soil and keep the soil damp, and in about 3-4 weeks, it's rooted and putting out new growth. If you want, you can put the cutting in a pot and when it is growing well, plant it in the soil. These are NOT pot plants!

Ask a Question