JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How large do they get? I thought you had some in your bog!

Depends on the specie. Mine get to about 2.5 feet, occasionally taller which leads to them flopping over, but some species are only around a foot tall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You know I did some reading on them and think they grow wild in my yard. Different type though, my flowers aren't blue, they are a lilac color. I wish they were blue. I might have to leave them alone in my planters and see though. Are they butterfly and bee friendly?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I have little time for the garden. Therefore, dandelions look best there.
They are cute and fluffy in the afternoon.:love:

IMG_4931.JPG

And they are malicious saboteurs at night. :cool:

IMG_4750 - копия.JPG

IMG_4738.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Holy cheeky monkey I've been digging these things out of my lawn for years! I will start transplanting them instead. Do they bloom all summer for you?
I started reading and it says to cut them back after they bloom so I was curious about your blooming season for them.
That's so funny that I've been treating them like a weed all while adoring yours. :rolleyes:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Do they bloom all summer for you?
I started reading and it says to cut them back after they bloom so I was curious about your blooming season for them. That's so funny that I've been treating them like a weed all while adoring yours. :rolleyes:

They bloom from May to July here. I don't cut anything back, but have occasionally seen some flower later in the year after rabbits have chewed them down. The plants seem to grow bigger in full sun, but bloom longer during the day when in part-shade.

Ask a Question