Country
United Kingdom
DSCI0001 (7).JPG

DSCI0002 (4).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Zigs, if you like them shrooms they're all over our yard right now! Several varieties from what I can see! Darn rain doesn't stop in gonna need a row boat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Larisa , love those night time photos taken with flash (I think). Nice.

Except for the smaller tomatoes, which were planted from seed last year (and are much more prolific this year), everything was grown from seed. For me, the naturtium (nasturtii?) are a big deal because I don't have much luck growing flowers from seed.
bells_1.jpg
cuke_1.jpg
maters_1.jpg
nasturtium_1.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lanceleaf Tickseed & Spiderwort. These are very important plants in my garden because they're the only ones blooming during the transition of Spring wildflowers to Summer wildflowers. My Spring-blooming natives wrapped up last week, and my Summer-blooming natives wont start for another week or two. Another plant that helps the transition is Penstemon digitalis, which should start blooming today or tomorrow.
IMG_2828 copy.jpg

Another plant that just started blooming, Gaillardia X grandiflora 'Goblin' is a hybrid of two native Gaillardia species, G. aristata and G. pulchella. I've considered replacing it with one of those two native species, but frankly, it's established well and is a huge pollinator attractor, so I've kept it. Actually, I think I did buy G. aristata seeds at one point, so I have that as well, but I couldn't tell you which is which because they look identical. I have a 4' by 4' gaillardia garden surrounded by my driveway and patio where it fills in nicely every year. I've also got some in my native garden and some by my pond.

IMG_2839 copy.jpg

Ask a Question