Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I misread that as Atomic Begonia Odorata. :D

б2.jpg
73755d02033b9d9e3d89452812ee8409.gif

Well, why do you think that's wrong?

This bumblebee really thought he was hiding from the rain!!

IMG_5097.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Wonderful photo @Greenhorn, it looks like they are nesting in Verbena? The ones i've seen nesting here, nest very low on the bush or tree (around 3-5 ft/1 to 1.5m) up. Do yours nest that low? Even on a bush that is maybe 10 ft tall (3m), they will nest half way up. I wonder why?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Ceanothus Concha - a California Native Lilac. It's (the plant) low on a bank about 5' high, the nest is about 6' off the ground.out towards the end of a branch. I was a little surprised it (the nest) was fairly exposed and just outside our patio.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
About two weeks ago, (while I was at work,) my boyfriend was given a tiny, little Venus Flytrap. He repotted it, not reading anything about what type of soil it needs. :rolleyes: He gave it some good soil, and when I saw it I thought, "Uh oh, this is not going to end well." :unsure:

:ROFLMAO: Quite contrary to my username, :whistle: I decided tact was necessary. I'd give it a week or two, (wait for it to start its gradual decline,) then tell him I did some reading and we should repot it.

Amazingly, I think it's happy!! New little shoots popping up! :)
(And see that stalk in the middle?)

0629171006a.jpg

It's going to flower!! :D Looks like the flower will be white. I'll post another pic when it opens.

0629171020.jpg

upload_2017-6-29_10-29-42.jpeg @Greenhorn, do they peep? Or cheep? :LOL: Have you seen the mother feeding them? With a beak like hers, I figure that's got to be a delicate procedure! :eek:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JB, yours always look so blue, and mine always seem purple. I wonder if there is something I can add to the soil to bring out the blue...? (Mine are in partial shade, maybe that's the difference?) Don't get me wrong, I do like the purple, but oh! That blue!! :love::love:

You could simply have a different specie or variety than I do. Mine tend to have the deeper blue-purple when they get more shade, where the ones in full sun seem more faded. They also seem the most colorful very early in the morning.

Ask a Question