Welcome to Esther's Gardens, Parkesburg, PA, Chester County, USA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Will use this thread to place all garden shots of my gardens in here. And any other type of media pertaining to pics of my garden. Enjoy.

Today---a walk around 7/9/16
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I just knew your garden would be magnificent! The colors, textures, contrast of heights--wonderful. Thank you for taking us for a stroll through your lovely garden and showing us your beautiful plants. All I can say is "ahhhhh.....".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just gorgeous, Esther! I saw (I think) what I call grape ivy in the sixth photo of your second post. It's everywhere here, I killed off several a few weeks ago but left some along the front fence - I keep it trimmed back though because it takes over otherwise. Did you plant it on purpose?

Also love your almost-white hostas. It's clear you've spent a lot of time creating your garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Just gorgeous, Esther! I saw (I think) what I call grape ivy in the sixth photo of your second post. It's everywhere here, I killed off several a few weeks ago but left some along the front fence - I keep it trimmed back though because it takes over otherwise. Did you plant it on purpose?

Also love your almost-white hostas. It's clear you've spent a lot of time creating your garden!
Are you talking about the leaves to the corner top left? Because there is no ivy in my gardens.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Are you talking about the leaves to the corner top left? Because there is no ivy in my gardens.

Yes, what the heck are those? Here are mine...this stuff grows wild around here. These are the ones I've left on one corner of the front fence. Lots of little tendrils and extremely fast-growing.

20160710_161315.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Beth_B Awwww, that my dear are yellow wax bells. I have two of them. they are a good size and have returned from a hard base every year. Its a stand alone plant, no stacking, no vines,, just comes up straight from the ground each spring.
yellowwax (1).JPG
I have a pic of what they will look like. They bloom in August. Had them there going on 15 years now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Posting some pics of the front of the house foundation plantings. Ignore the weeds. and posting some pics of the front left garden---when you see nothing but Rhodos and hostas that is that garden, I keep that one simple. Just Hostas and Rhodos, one or two spider warts, and one ground cover that needs yanking out now and then. So my weeding in that garden seems to be only wild violets. Then there is some of the back garden again. These were taken yesterday 7/15/16. I do have a video I have to upload from June. Anyway enjoy.
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG

Ask a Question