Hey, welcome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,
I am Owain a 14 year old keen gardener from england who runs a small gardening business. i have decided to join this forum becuase i want to learn more about gardening and hear what everyone has to say about the topic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Owain,

I'm also new. I find it interesting how you run a gardening business. What do you consider to be your favourite plant in the garden?

-Jack
Hi jack

My personal favourite type of plants are grass's and my favourite grass is probably Japanese Bloodgrass, it is fairly rare I got mine from wisely flower show.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi jack

My personal favourite type of plants are grass's and my favourite grass is probably Japanese Bloodgrass, it is fairly rare I got mine from wisely flower show.

I managed to find a picture of some 'Japanese Bloodgrass' in one of my Dads gardening books. I love the vibrant red colour of the leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! Very cool that you are into gardening at such a young age, and also that you're making it into a business. (y)

Next spring I am eradicating my front lawn and putting in nothing but perennials, including ornamental grasses. I did that at my last house. The Japanese bloodgrass looks pretty. My challenge is I have a lot of trees so mostly what I plant will have to be somewhat shade-tolerant, but on the plus side I have excellent soil here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Welcome, and as others have said it's a great thing that you've got such a passion for gardening already. I would say that I only got into gardening myself in about the last 5 years and I wish I had taken an interest sooner!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Welcome. Been gardening for 27 years now, my oldest garden is about 20 years old. You may see them on You tube at Estherredstar channel. enjoy.
ruffly I have 100,000 bulbs that come up in the spring at different intervals through out the year to change to iris and lilies. Not counting the over 10 varieties of hostas, 13 varieties of hydrangeas and other plants, shrubs and trees. I live on a 3 acre property out in the country.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome. Been gardening for 27 years now, my oldest garden is about 20 years old. You may see them on You tube at Estherredstar channel. enjoy.
ruffly I have 100,000 bulbs that come up in the spring at different intervals through out the year to change to iris and lilies. Not counting the over 10 varieties of hostas, 13 varieties of hydrangeas and other plants, shrubs and trees. I live on a 3 acre property out in the country.

I noticed your post and I've checked out your YouTube channel. Your garden looks beautiful!

Ask a Question