Beet Juice, Cheese Whey- DISASTER.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Salt placed on roads to melt ice is an environmental disaster. But a new innovation is the residue from beets , producing sugar, and the salty water from making cheese. The industry had no use for this product so sold all cities to use it for melting ice. Now millions of tons are used on Winter roads all across the NA.

It is an environmental disaster of huge proportions probably as bad if not worse than the use of DDT. The run off affects the food supply of beneficial insects. In my area the earthworms, snails, Colorado Potato beetles, butterflies and bees have virtually disappeared. Environment authorities are sound asleep at the switch. I have contacted the city of Brantford and the Ontario environmental authorities and got no where.

Almost all cities are on the bandwagon using th beet and whey juice. Time to awaken the authorities up.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
How do you know beet juice is responsible?
Surmise. I have been walking the same route for over ten years. I am more than familiar with the weather in general. I thought long and deeply about why absolutely no earthworms along the path which use to be covered. The only variable to my knowledge is the beet juice used in the Winter. And it was thick. Splash over was an obvious target.

I tried for answers from the City and Ontario environment and they sloughed. Obviously it was left to me to make a strong assumption. After much internet searching I arrived at my conclusion.

I might add I was very much interested in the DDT disaster and just how it was denied. https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22245-silent-spring-didnt-condemn-millions-to-death/ Rachel Carson, who stoically weathered misinformation campaigns against her before her death from breast cancer in 1964,

Ask a Question