Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Colin: Go and find a double glazing company phone number and ask them if they have any polycarbonate spare and then you can build d walk way from A to B! Bingo! Bob's your uncle!

Thanks for your kind suggestion alp. (y)

I considered this option a few years ago but 30 yards is a fair stretch to cover in; I also considered building a carport but our driveway is short to the front of the bungalow whereas we have a very large rear garden; pity the gardens aren't the other way around? Just to build a carport these days needs planning permission from the prime minister; planning application submitted; fee paid; then the usual meeting to discuss it then it's rejected then it goes to appeal; I despair these days. So many people who haven't paid a penny on our property telling us what we can or can't do.:(

8:15 this morning I was back home from visiting the three supermarkets; in one supermarket alone an assistant had fallen on the sheet ice; the lady on the checkout had also fallen hurting her chin and her hand was swelling up so she's going to A&E expecting a fracture; much better for our local council to not grit the roads and pavements when it makes sense to fill the A&E department the A&E being moved to an hospital 12 miles away; the world is mad and run by idiots these days; the hospital our A&E is to be moved to is in financial difficulties so A&E might be retained at our hospital which is due for demolition.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/biggest-hri-protest-year-takes-13984964

Our local post office is now closed because the postmaster couldn't make the business pay; yesterday I dropped Bron's prescription off at our local chemist saying we'll collect it later; I hoped to save a long wait; two and a half hours later Bron popped in to collect her prescription only to spend ten minutes at the counter because the staff couldn't find it. GRRRRRRRR.

0C-5C forecast today and as usual we get a mention on The Pennines;

Today
Brisk northerly winds will bring showers and sunny spells, these showers wintry, especially on Pennine hills, but showers becoming confined to coastal areas later. Feeling chilly, but temperatures will be slightly higher near coasts with stronger winds.

No it doesn't feel chilly it feels very cold as expected with so much ice this morning

The UK is a brilliant place but unfortunately it's on melt down.

In spite of everything miserable around me I feel quite cheerful this morning; I'm going to potter around in the workshop and let the world sort itself out. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Colin: I think they have a delivery service electronically simplified by the NHS. Nowadays, doctors don't even give you a prescription note, they just send details to the chemists electronically and you go there to collect it. Ask for this to see if it is available your way. Save you walking on ice, shrouded by Blackie or blasted by Gale.. (it's like we're developing a story here! :eek::D!)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks alp & Logan for your helpful replies.(y)

Our surgery has lots of ways of ordering repeat prescriptions; our local pharmacy's also deliver but Bron and I still prefer to pop in to the surgery and pick up the prescription then into the pharmacy.

We had friends years ago who were fit and used to walk past their pharmacy but would wait hours for their prescription to be delivered they also had a car each which I felt to be abusing the system; if anyone is too ill to collect then yes having their prescription delivered to their door will be a huge help to them and I'll never knock this but unfortunately many people these days are simply too lazy to get off their backsides and anything free they are at the head of the queue?

I could very easily set electronic prescriptions up for Bron but Bron wouldn't have a clue how to do this not ever having used a computer and Bron doesn't want to learn how to use a computer even though I've offered many times to teach her; if I become too ill to collect prescriptions then I'll have to use the online service but in the meantime I like to keep active. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't even know if this service is free! No idea!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Like your surgery Logan ours too has the pharmacy in the same building but right next door on the same ground floor; we avoid this though because patients always end up coughing in the back of our neck and we don't want to visit the surgery for one thing and come out with another; we visit the pharmacy up the village were there's less of a queue; people can't help having a cough but so many believe in spreading their cough? :(

I wonder what would happen to someone going into labour say in Holmfirth if Huddersfield hospital is closed and demolished having to be transported to Halifax; by the time they reach the hospital the child will be starting school? Huddersfield with a population of 163,000 and the hospital being closed; still this is why we pay so much for idiots to be in charge.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,frosty start. 1-4c
@Colin I live in Redditch, our hospital stopped doing baby deliveries, they have to go to Worcester, that's 25mins away on a good day.
They also stopped accute emergencies for under 15s. One boy died because he was taken there,he only lived a few minutes away from our hospital. They haven't even got a bus service to go there and not a lot of parking.
Worcester hospital is the same, they have to come here for things instead of staying there.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan: all very sad and yet so many trransnationals pay peanuts for tax. Even the PM's spouse's company is tax avoidant. Then we all end up in cuts.

Cold and still today 1 to 5c is my luck. Hope someone else has better luck!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Can't wait.. I so want to remove the fleece!

Ask a Question