Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Morning all,frosty start. 1-4c
@Colin I live in Redditch, our hospital stopped doing baby deliveries, they have to go to Worcester, that's 25mins away on a good day.
They also stopped accute emergencies for under 15s. One boy died because he was taken there,he only lived a few minutes away from our hospital. They haven't even got a bus service to go there and not a lot of parking.
Worcester hospital is the same, they have to come here for things instead of staying there.

A few years ago St Luke's Hospital was closed in Huddersfield and now we face closure of our main Royal Infirmary which is due for demolition and planned to be replaced by a new 64 bed hospital; I think this is now the way to get the hospital waiting list down; if there aren't hospitals then there won't be an hospital waiting list?

During the school run times it can take us 15 minutes just to reach the top of our lane having to pass our local school; it's sheer chaos and what is most annoying is the school has lots of grassed area adjacent to the lane.

Bron and I however have nothing but praise for the NHS; we know it's not perfect but what a truly wonderful thing it is to know if we are seriously ill we will receive excellent treatment. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
02:21pm, partly sunny, 35°C / 95°F, 50% humidity.

Sunrise: 06:02am; Sunset: 07:34pm; Duration: 13 hours, 32 minutes.

Expected high/low: 37-24°C / 98-75°F

Summer is already here.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

02:21pm, partly sunny, 35°C / 95°F, 50% humidity.

Sunrise: 06:02am; Sunset: 07:34pm; Duration: 13 hours, 32 minutes.

Expected high/low: 37-24°C / 98-75°F

Summer is already here.

Show off. :D:D:D 37C here in the UK would be declared a national disaster with old people keeling over and dying; in high summer we are lucky to hit 25C and even then here on the valley there is a constant prevailing breeze.

7C this afternoon with my constant black cloud Blackie keeping me company as I finally washed and attempted to dry the Yeti whilst Blackie drizzled all over it; this has been the first time in about a week that it's been warm enough to wash the car. :mad:

Tomorrow is forecast 3C-6C.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We received 1.6" of rain from yesterday evening to this morning. It was 44 degrees at 7 a.m., and when I went out to cut broccoli at 11 a.m. the temperature had risen to 50 degrees. It is still overcast but there is no rain predicted for the coming week.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good news for tomorrow even in Scotland

Britain to be hotter than Madrid AND Rome as pre-Christmas temperatures soar to 60F in the run up to the festive break
  • Forecasters are also predicting highs of up to 15°C in England’s south-west and eastern Scotland by Tuesday
  • Warmer conditions could bring with them possibility of 70mph for Christmas and possibility of Storm Dylan
  • Foggy conditions over the next couple of days could cause some disruption to travel

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Warmer......I can take warmer:)(y)

I have a friend who lives only a 10 minute walk away and her front garden is full of Daffs in bud, apparently they always bloom at Christmas !! She must live in a sheltered spot as mine are no where to be seen...yet!:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Look like a happy sunny day, but tonight is going to be cold now it's like 4c and highest is only 7c... Just love sunshine.. Give me sunshine any day and I can manage.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Where you live is raining more often than us here in Essex. Rain is like silver to me. I just hope from time to time, the ground could be watered thoroughly by rain. Today is going to be 1c and hopefully tomorrow you can see a scorcher in winter! Winter scorcher at 14c ..Can't wait.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's snowing a bit this morning. Lot's of snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday. It will be a white Christmas after all.

And I thought you had white Christmas every year. Do you give sermon, Brother Johnny? :LOL:

Ask a Question