Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
14.03pm it's raining heavily, from out the window i can see the paths have cleared of snow. Hopefully up the road it will be the same.
The roads need more to clear.
I went out at 10.30am some of the roads aren't as bad,a lot of cars have been on them. But it might freeze tonight.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
39c Today.
Pretty warm but no hot wind was a bonus.
Plants looking a little wilted even though i gave them a good drink this morning.

Oh! 39c! I will wilt, not to say plants ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
3 to 6c .. Well at least, it's not -12 .. No rain ..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Blackie in full command this morning; I could hear the rain bouncing down before I even looked out of the window.

Today
Showers will be mainly confined to the Pennines, and falling as snow on hills. Sunny spells are likely, the best of which will be towards the coast. Remaining cold with brisk winds over hills, but moderating later.

Bron and I are located very near The Pennines so obviously any sunny spells will be elsewhere as they usually are; last night I posted the Christmas cards along the street and as I walked the pavement was covered in sparkling diamonds so I expected lots of frost and ice this morning but for once I'm pleased it's only my constant black cloud Blackie doing his thing.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
7 inches of snow on Saturday. It mostly melted. Another 3 inches today and in the 20's (F) I hate winter!

View of the back of my property from my office window.
100_0134.JPG

To the left....
100_0133.JPG

And, to the right
100_0132.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Last night, the rain was serious. Today, they stuck with @Colin .. and we have had sunshine.. Hopefully, the weather gets warmer after next week.. 13c is on the card..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last night, the rain was serious. Today, they stuck with @Colin .. and we have had sunshine.. Hopefully, the weather gets warmer after next week.. 13c is on the card..

13C alp; are we in for an heat wave? :) Blackie at the moment is putting some serious rain down whilst Gale is blasting it against the bungalow front; like Moonshadows I hate our winters but then I simply hate our dire climate the year round.

Tomorrow after shopping first thing in the morning I'm heading into the workshop to potter around so the weather can please itself because I'm sick of it. :mad:

13C alp stand by for water shortages?

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp I know what you mean. (y) The problem I find is getting into the workshop without a soaking from Blackie; I have to keep wrapping up like an Eskimo; at one point I even bought an umbrella to use between the bungalow back door and the workshop but once in the workshop the wet umbrella was a nuisance so I'm stuck with Blackie making a pest of himself at every opportunity. :mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Colin: Go and find a double glazing company phone number and ask them if they have any polycarbonate spare and then you can build d walk way from A to B! Bingo! Bob's your uncle!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Max temperature 6c! Tomorrow will be even colder from 1 to 5c!

Ask a Question