Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. Thanks @alp it should be alright on the main road. It's very soft and wet underneath. But it snowed more than it said it would. It's been drifting,in some places over 8 inches. It should go this week.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
-3c to 4! Had the candle on the whole night in the lean to. It's still freezing. The rain was steadily hitting the lean-to glass root. The complete sheet of snow has now shown green edges of the lawn. Hopefully, today is the last day of the snow. I only want to see it in photos .. I'm on tenterhooks because of my plants.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
8 inches! Wow! Some record for you then. Have to sort out the rubbish and turn the kettle on for tea before 7.30! Keep safe!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
8 inches! Wow! Some record for you then. Have to sort out the rubbish and turn the kettle on for tea before 7.30! Keep safe!
Yes thanks and you. We all get this every 5-6 years. It would be better if people did go out in it. It would get walked on more and the roads would be better. Got to get out in the back to empty the bins and feed the birds. Have to use the snow Yes i've made my pot of tea.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
We have had over a foot of snow and it is now frozen. -5c at the moment. At least the snow plough has been down the lane so we can walk on the bit in the middle. Bright sunshine too, but bitterly cold.
Not clearing the snow either, there is a layer of ice under it which is impossible to shift, At least the snow is easy to walk on without slipping.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
-2 to 7c today! Whoa! 7c! Very warm ..

More rain later today and then the thermometer will climb up a bit. I'm dreading for my plants... my babies!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Is it still snowing your way? We are bright and clear and cold!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
P1060520.jpg

P1060522.jpg

-7c when I started out for my walk. -13 at the Weather station nearby. Our central heating boiler is an outside model, it came on 4 or 5 times in the night so the water in it must have got cold enough to trigger the thermostat. That means the temp must have been below -8. Bit cool really.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It is raining now. 2 to 9c. 7c outside. A relief!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
39c Today.
Pretty warm but no hot wind was a bonus.
Plants looking a little wilted even though i gave them a good drink this morning.

Ask a Question