Weather

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Splinx, I sympathize. We have had no rain, not a drop, in September. Thank heavens for our rainwater harvesting cubes and barrels! I've been carrying water and keeping our newly planted beds moist, and supporting the tomato and pepper plants.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
For us Sunday is going to be a nice day, then the next week going to be more settled. Might have a frost on Sunday night, hope not, the Cosmos hasn't fully flowered yet.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Poor thing, cosmos have not fully flowered??!!

One morning, I looked out of my bay window and saw a patch of white stuff and I asked my son what that was. He said it was my flowers and it self seeded itself. Cosmos .. All in its full glory. Not contribution from my part. Yes, frost on one weekend morning and son said, "Where's the cold come from?" and then he went and shut all the doors and windows. Can't blame him.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all and to @Logan weather is getting autumnal 9 to 14c.. A bit cloudy and not very bright, but reasonably mild.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hurrah! The sun is out in full glory. And THAT makes a lot of difference. My enthusiasm has returned. More mess :eek::Din the garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Frost on the roof this morning. Time to pull up annuals and dig up my Cannas and Dahlias. Took all my cuttings and finished seed collecting over the past two days. Top shelf on my plant rack is already full and lights on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
No frost on our roof! I watered the pepper, tomato and broccoli plants, harvested some herbs, and came in and wiped the perspiration off! It isn't so terribly hot (78) but the humidity is amazing! We aren't expected to get rain until the middle of next week, so I'll be hauling water and "glowing like a horse" (my aunt Tula said that men and horses sweat, ladies "glow").

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Had a busy morning trying to sell something on flebay .. Went out and got a chocolate cosmos and a salvia Dyson's Joy for £2 each. I always love chocolate cosmos and I bought one each year to kill and never got round to collect seeds as the frost always got them first. In the car, it was very hot and humid. Home at 3.30pm and it started to rain, but very gentle rain which lasted until 6. Good that I have turned most of the soil and planted so many irises and hellebores.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be a miserable day, think @Verdun has stolen my usual sunshine.. Overcast every day from today onwards.. 10 to 15c ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't that cold this morning. And around lunch time, it was actually quite hot in the car. Quite humid. Not a drop of rain. According to the weather forecast, it was supposed to be overcast, but after 10am, the sun came out and after that it was all sunny. Should have done my laundry ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning: dark and gloomy but very mild .. doing my laundry now.. 7 days of sin and filth ..

Ask a Question