Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
home-design.jpg
https://abc13.com/weather/quarter-size-mosquitoes-plague-area-amid-heavy-rainfall-/4235028/
mos.jpg

Mosquitoes the size of a quarter plague Houston area

I have them all year round unless it snows, mosquitoes that is

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Blackie excelled himself last night at around 10 o'clock; it absolutely poured with rain and sitting in our front room we wondered what all the banging noise was about so I investigated; the rain was coming down so hard as it rushed along the gutter on our rear extension it was bringing hundreds of acorns with it which were making a right old noise as they were being flushed down the plastic fall pipe into the drain.

Our patio has been an hard hat area over the last week due to falling acorns and what a crop of them this year; Gale was here all day yesterday too trying to remove our bungalow from the valley side; we sure catch extremes of weather living here.

I hit the ground running again this morning and was out washing the car by 8 o'clock; I'm now grounded because our best friends are visiting us shortly; it makes a change to feel clean. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@alp remember when I joked about sending a tropical storm? Sorry...I think they will call it branogh or something close? A renamed storm we called Florence that was a nasty one.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you very much for the gift. Was Ali from you too. I am so confused by all these names. Branogh is on it way as well. Florence is definitely a nasty vicious one as you can see how badly the lovely houses were being flooded by this storm. I was so scared that I removed all the top branches of my trees. Terrible. Once the trees are felled, the air purifying agent is removed. But I don't want the old fence damaged. I want to move and don't want to waste money here! Hope you and your beloved are safe!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The car windscreen was iced up yesterday morning; BRRRRRRR.

Today the forecast is light cloud and fresh breeze; so what's this wet stuff falling from the sky and the light breeze is trying to remove us from the valley side. I'm pleased we weren't forecast windy. It's also a typical Yorkshire black hole.

I'm about to take Bron over to Wentworth Garden Centre; in the kitchen a little time ago I could hear the local news on TV; one lane of the M1 motorway is closed between J36 & J35 of course we travel through J36 and exit at J35; one day I'll get out of bed to good news but I'm not holding my breath.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
When I lived in Alaska, we called that "termination dust" because it terminated the tourists. You literally could watch it come down the Mountain in Anchorage.

It is in the 80s daily here, 90 f on Friday..wanna send a few million coolers this way?

Ask a Question