Weather

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I've missed you this morning Logan; hope you are well. :)
Morning and Colin, I'm fine thanks for asking. Just had a day off from here, busy on a Saturday with going to keiths every saturday now.

Yes i saw the weather over yorkshire and thought of you.
Oh dear,things happen like that you think that it's going to be alright,but no. That what puts hubby off from doing things.

Light cloud and breezy temp 15 to 19c
Sunrise was 6.32
Sunset 19.38
Have a good day all:)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan. My bad luck just goes on and on. Yesterday I decided to move the really big numbers which were located on the wall by our front door to the left hand wall at the front of the bungalow by the window; removing the numbers was just a matter of unscrewing them but then my bad luck kicked in.

Working from step ladders I started to drill the stone wall to accept plugs; a wasp appeared and started to really annoy me so I flattened it with my cap; another wasp appeared together with a few chums; then I noticed why; I was working about 12" away from a wasps nest; they were entering and leaving a hole in the top corner of the window frame; so with wasps all around me I drilled the four holes not caring anymore; I'm just sick of this bad luck.

With the numbers now in place I decided to replace the rear plastic gutter corner piece which was leaking; I had bought a new corner and spent time painting it; after a struggle again up the step ladder I finally removed the leaking corner and cleaned the two ends of the gutter; typical that the new corner was slightly bigger than the one I removed also the seals were different. For months I've been moving a new but old corner from when I had installed the new gutters many years ago that was stored in the shed; I became fed up with moving it so stored it somewhere else but now couldn't remember where it was stored.

I had saved some of the old original gutter units and wondered if I could simply swap the seals so after a search the seals were swapped and at last I had completed the job; this morning as expected with my luck the corner is still leaking. The way my luck runs will it mean replacing the entire plastic guttering and downpipes etc just to cure one small leak; I won't bodge the job using silicone sealant?

I'll take a few pictures today and post them. The wasps gave me a bad time yesterday so now its payback time; I've declared all out war on them; wasps are the skinheads of the insect world.

First job today is to search for the gutter corner; I know its just laughing at me. :(

Retirement or punishment; I'm still undecided.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear Colin, i hope things go ok.
We had a wasps nest in the roof when we were having the facias replaced, had to get someone in the kill them.

Keep on smiling you will get there in the end.
These things are sent to try us.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan for your support and encouragement; it's much appreciated. (y):)

I found the gutter corner which evaded me yesterday; I've now got the original leaking corner; a new corner that is too big and now this corner which again is different; I placed it on the patio and jumped upon it shattering it; at least this corner won't trouble me anymore; I've had a lifetime of this bad luck but as you rightly say these things are sent to try us but I reckon its time they tried someone else for a change.

I'm now installing draught proofing strips to the new entrance and although round the back of the bungalow its quite warm where I'm working round the front of the bungalow I feel frozen with my pet cloud Blackie's sister Gale trying to blow me off the step ladder; I've just come indoors to get warm and have a mug of tea.

Anyway enough of this moaning I should be used to this kind of thing because it never lets up. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
home-design.jpg

Ask a Question