alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-7-17_5-11-22.png

a bit cooler today and hopefully it's a respite today!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, it is now too bright for me. But at least, a cool breeze and a drying heat wave!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The sun is shining outside and in our hearts; it's a special day today our 42nd wedding anniversary. I've taken Bron to Chatsworth Garden Centre this morning for a trip out and upon our return a 24 pink rose bouquet was waiting for Bron also I gave her cash rather than buying her a prezzie; with cash Bron is never disappointed by what she buys with it so I'm happy too; I even remembered to buy an anniversary card. After dinner I've still got the rest of the day to potter around in; life's good. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks Logan for your kind wishes; much appreciated. (y)

Fortunately this week is going much better than last week when even the simplest thing bit me. I had sold a big machine and delivered it to Doncaster; whilst searching for something in the workshop I found a small box containing attachments for the machine not included in the advertisement but I thought I would give the buyer a nice surprise and post them on with my compliments. I posted them to #3A thinking all was well; MyHermes let me know the address doesn't exist even though I had delivered the machine there? I was really puzzled but it all became clear because I had made a stupid mistake; my file stated #14A so after ages eating humble pie on a chatline with MyHermes it was sorted and MyHermes were to kindly print out new labels then deliver to the correct address; I apologized for my error and said I was willing to pay after all it was my own mistake and I owned it.

I phoned the buyer thereby breaking the surprise saying please watch out for this parcel which is now being delivered to your correct address at 14A; he said my address is 11A and so it goes on; sometimes I lose the will to live; I was in charge of a very busy despatch and despatched hundreds of thousands of electric motors over 24 years without a single delivery mistake; now at 70 I must be seriously losing the plot and once again need adult supervision. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all light cloud and light wind temp. 16 to 23c

Sunrise was 5.07
Sunset 21.20

@Colin things happen like that, at least you sorted it out in the end.

I don't like leaving messages on the answer phone. We have a friend who has a business delivering pet food. I phoned him up and got the answer phone, it said leave your address and phone no. I asked for what i wanted gave my address but didn't leave my phone no. But he knows us so I'm not worried.
Have a good day all.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan. (y) The parcel remains in hyperspace because at the moment I haven't a clue where it is so I still can't put this problem to bed and all for trying to be kind and generous; as you rightly say though these things happen like the punctured tyre too last week costing £150 for a new tyre.

I dislike phones with a passion; I had five phones on my desks at work; yes desks because I was in charge of three departments also I had a pager that drove me mad because there was no hiding place; when my colleagues were off site I could end up with three pagers; there's nothing like a lot of stress to keep me on my toes. I'll never have a phone in the workshop because they are too dangerous; communication by me is usually email because I can send or reply at my leisure and also unlike a phone an email is a written record.

I feel some woodturning comin on. :D

Enjoy your walk with Barley today Logan. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It's plenty hot & humid here in Florida, but I love it, because it's great to run in and sweat out all the toxins:D

And it's great for improving one's VO2 max...So, embrace the SUCK(y)

https://www.outsideonline.com/2098556/surprising-benefits-training-heat

Excerpt:

Studies have found that, in addition to an increased rate of perspiration, training in the heat can increase an athlete’s blood plasma volume (which leads to better cardiovascular fitness), reduce overall core temperature, reduce blood lactate, increase skeletal muscle force, and, counterintuitively, make a person train better in cold temperatures. In fact, heat acclimation may actually be more beneficial than altitude training in eliciting positive physiological adaptations, says Santiago Lorenzo, a professor of physiology at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and a former decathlete at the University of Oregon.

“Heat acclimation provides more substantial environmental specific improvements in aerobic performance than altitude acclimation,” he says. And in contrast to the live low, train high philosophy, we more quickly adapt to heat stress than we do to hypoxia. In other words, heat training not only does a better job at increasing V02 max than altitude, but it also makes athletes better at withstanding a wider range of temperatures.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-7-19_7-14-53.png

I'd welcome the thunderstorm, especially rain. Now they are cagey about tomorrow's weather. By the look of it, wind is coming from the north, i.e. NO rain for us.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp and all sunny intervals and light wind temp .14 to 25c
Sunrise was 5.09
Sunset 21.19

Yes not much rain for us, you should get thunderstorms tomorrow We've been looking at the metoffice weather, not the meteo group.

Ask a Question