Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope you're fully recovered from the poke in your eye Logan; it's so easy to get caught out and I'm sure if we all wore a suit of armour a wasp would get in.:(

I think I need to get a full time job again because I've very little time to myself in retirement. I was out of bed at 6 o'clock this morning; I've visited three supermarkets and the surgery; what joy in Aldi car park as I noticed a wood screw sticking out of a front tyre on our Yeti but the tyre was still inflated. Back home clear the shopping away have a brew then email the garage to ask them to please repair the tyre when the Yeti goes in tomorrow for its second service. After the brew off again to visit the post office with a bag of greetings cards hand made by Bron; on the way home drop into our local store and hand over a box to be delivered by My Hermes. Back home an email from the dealer to say sorry out of the office but if urgent please phone this number; I should have phoned the number first then I could have listened to music for five minutes. I phoned and a good job I was sitting down its added another £150 to the servicing bill for a new original spec Goodyear tyre the puncture can't be repaired because the screw is just in the sidewall.If I jumped off a bridge there would be an hay cart passing below.

Yesterday no Internet connection for half the day; I wonder if I dare move from my seat? All I want to do is a bit of woodturning?

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Colin, yes thank you my eye is alright now after a couple of days.

Yes there's always something to do. Tyers do cost a lot. Sometimes it's best to talk to someone. It's the same making app at the doctors always music.Hubby goes to Johnson brothers car dealers where he had his Volvo from They speacialize in volvos.our volvo is due for a service next week.A few times when he's had the service, something goes wrong with it.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good news for a change Logan; I'm pleased your eye is better. (y):)

Fortunately our Skoda Yeti is still under warranty so all we need to pay for are the services but in this case a consumable it being the tyre. The Yeti is now two years old and its second service tomorrow costing around £240 plus now £150 for the tyre. A budget tyre would have been a lot cheaper and I could have shopped around but with my luck each time I try to save money I end up paying a lot more so I'll just accept it with good grace. Since 1990 we've run new cars trading in at 3 years old. A Citroen 2CV; nine Nissan Micras; two Toyota Aygo's and now onto Skoda our first Skoda being a Fabia Monte Carlo in 2014 which we traded in at two years old due to such a good deal on our current Yeti. It's not the cheapest way to run a car but we aren't troubled by breakdowns and unexpected bills. We love our Yeti and don't begrudge it a new tyre; it's a 2.0L diesel on Adblue and only costs £30 per year road tax; considering its size the insurance too is very reasonable at around £340 per year; D M Keith (Wakefield) are the main Skoda dealers who look after us. Tomorrow they will collect and return the Yeti saving me sitting around for a couple of hours in their showroom. It's highly likely we'll keep the Yeti because we like it so much; why Skoda stopped making the Yeti is a mystery; had the Yeti still been in production we'd have bought another new one next year. Skoda years ago were regarded as poor cheap cars but that's all changed; they certainly are no longer cheap and both our previous Monte and current Yeti are brilliant cars.

Volvo too are excellent having a top reputation for solid dependable cars so you've got a good un Logan. (y)

Here's something special for you and your hubby Logan;

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Colin
Thank you :)(y)It's best to get the proper tyres.
They stop certain types of car so they can bring out new ones.
We've got a V50 and they've stopped making them. But hubby wants to downsize, so he'll get a V40. But can't afford a new one,so have to wait for a second hand one to come around.:)

When hubby was working he would have a new one every 2 years. Yes we have someone collect it and bring it back.:)

That is a great video about the volvo, hubby liked it. Thanks.:)

Better put something on about the weather,:ROFLMAO: this is the brook where I walk the boys. Or it was the brook.
IMG_20180709_102549.jpg

IMG_20180709_102559.jpg

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Logan. Regarding the brook I'll send Blackie over to sort it out shortly; I just hope you don't end up flooded?

The reason Bron and I bought this Yeti was the excellent deal we got on it; the Yeti was sitting in the corner of the showroom with the spotlights upon it and customers were climbing in and out inspecting it; at £23,000 it was pricey it being the SE L 2.0L diesel. I had done my homework on the web and downloaded the best two deals printing these off; I explained to the salesman what I'd done and handed him the two deals; he disappeared into the office as all salesmen do and when he returned I was amazed to be offered this lovely black Yeti at £4,000 discount it being a pre registered car but never been on the road and with zero mileage on its clock; we were offered a reasonable part exchange against our two year old Fabia Monte and signed up immediately; we paid cash and could collect the Yeti in a few days. We've never regretted buying the Yeti. We had looked at Yeti's when we bought the Fabia but thought given the Yeti size it would cost a lot to run but it's proving a lot cheaper than the Fabia to run and returns a regular 60mpg which still amazes us.

Good luck to you and hubby Logan in your search for a Volvo V40 in the meantime you've already got a nice car so no hurry.

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes we'll have blackie for a bit, just to water the garden, just to give us a break from watering for a day.:)

You were lucky to get the yeti for that price.:)

Our car is 14 years old and had to have a few things replaced,but thanks.:)

It's got a bit fresher outside and cloudy, but still very warm inside.:(

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Overcast here again this morning but no Blackie or Gale so far; what a brilliant summer we're enjoying and only 41 years overdue.

Below is a picture of a little friend cooling off in the rare sunshine.

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00734.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A7026D55-DC64-4FA8-97C2-AA487442A28D.jpeg
Trying to get all my garden chores done for the next two days booked time off work filled the fridge full of beer Ready for the football

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My worst nightmare Leeski; beer and football.. :D

I'd like time off from retirement to do some serious woodturning. (y):)

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all sunny intervals and light wind temp.13 to 23c

Sunrise was 4.59

Sunset 21.27
Much more comfortable today.