upload_2018-4-26_6-31-51.png

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No need for radiator for me. Trying to save some money on gas as I need to clear road tax, car insurance (£500), MOT with at least £200, credit card bill £450, water £120, electricity £40... :cry::cry::cry:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Oh dear alp; it all comes at once doesn't it regarding bills. :(

Another normal miserable wet cold day here. I'd like to visit a garden centre but I'm fed up of soakings each time I go out; if I buy plants then more soakings in the garden whilst I leave muddy footprints; just going down to the workshop means getting wet. I've bought plants online and from Morrisons but it's a real pain trying to do anything at all in the garden. GRRRRRRR.

Last year I bought four big plastic compost bins and filled them with lots of garden debris but because I'm unable to get into the garden due to Blackie and Gale no composting has taken place which is as expected so I'm going to shred the lot and use it as mulch and sell the bins. This is assuming Blackie lets me into the garden to use the shredder if not it goes to the local recycling centre; we're under a permanent black cloud. :mad:

"According to their forecasts, 'sunny skies and springtime heat' will make a comeback soon and temperatures as high as 20 degrees C could be possible in some parts of Britain by id-May. But before then, we're going to have to put up with rain, wind and even some frost and sleet!"

WOW 20C in some parts of Britain excluding Huddersfield?

Kind regards, Colin.

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Wow, @alp! You have a high of 13C today? It is 11:45 pm, and it is 11C right now! We are going to have a high of 19C tomorrow. (And no rain.) ;)

(I'm so proud! I wrote that all in English!! :smug: :joyful: )

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I wrote in English too! LOL! Nice to know it's not 2am, Nightowl! Thank heavens for keeping company as the UK contingent is probably snoring. (Is this English? I don't care! Hehe! It's like when I came to my chicken thigh; ex was using his knife and I used my hands! Probably why we divorced! :eek::cry:)

19c is brilliant. You deserve to have some heat. But MaryM: look at the feel like temperature. I won't have 13. Instead 11 is the max. My heart sank. Extreme heat and then 18 degrees lower than last week. And Sunday, there might be sleet and a week later, any blow torch for us!

As I say, nice that you have 19c.. High time heavens smiled on you, MaryM!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
19C! American F? Ah, shame! Yes, bed time, baby! Sleep well. Nice to have someone to talk to in this ungodly hours for me. It's so cold that I have my two legs inside the sleeves of a warm coat.

Bed time now, MaryM! I feel like a mother instructing her nightowl daughter to bed. I feel like going to bed myself. I am cold and a bit hungry.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you were up early.

Woke up and thought about doing another round of dishwasher. Not enough stuff to wash. Got up 4am. Now getting sleepy and cold. Bet you must have your heater on.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I slept on the computer table and I am feeling better now. The milk has gone off. It's raining outside. Good for my seeds. Will scatter some more. Make hay whilst the sun is shining. Son is checking the water level in the butts. First thing he does after he gets up.

Ask a Question