Weather

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The ground had a wet feel and that's it. My bonfire is still smouldering. I felt like a bad neighbour. I need to burn the stuff as I don't want to go to the tip.

Another scorcher 23c. Thank heavens tomorrow is 16c - a respite

upload_2018-4-22_6-12-5.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that was right over us......the thunder was so loud and the lightening was soooo bright that even in daylight you could really see the flashes.!!!!Scary stuff, my Dad's old dog isn't normally bothered by it but last night she was....poor old gal.

High of 18C and a low of 6 .....getting cooler:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Logan, just spoke with my Dad a few moments ago he said he stayed up with her till way past midnight and she still is a tad unsettled this morning. No doubt she will be OK, think the main trouble was that Dad's neighbours have a glass roof and the lightening was reflecting back into the lounge.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The forecast for last night was grim with thunderstorms and heavy rain leading to flooding. Just as we went to bed we could hear thunder in the valley but that's all we heard; Blackie must be sulking and playing elsewhere because not a drop of rain fell during the night; WHOOPEE. :):):)

Gale is here this morning so I'm going to be buffeted around in the garden; as long as Blackie leaves me alone though I can get something done outside otherwise I'll be in the workshop. I feel like a lot of sod busting coming on so I'd better dash out to make the most of this very rare dry spell.

Can we please do a swap alp; I'll offer Blackie for your 23C? (y)

A quick update, I've just come off the mountain after more sod busting and weeding; I was working in bright sunshine but Gale was blowing me around as I tried to keep my balance. If the scientists who like to look at black holes would care to visit us now they'll find a beauty.

Kind regards, Colin.

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's been alright today, a few spots of rain but that was it. When it was time to take the boys out this afternoon it looked like it was going to rain, but I chanced it and didn't take my jacket because it was still warm. It didn't rain so that was good.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-4-23_5-56-48.png

I wonder if it is too much to ask for a bit of rain!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
More rain tonight. Severe thunderstorms and wind. While I am happy to have put out fertilizer and seed, I know the yard is a mess again. I am glad it is dark out so I cannot see it.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

If you would like a drop of rain alp you could move to the house across our street which is for sale then I could guarantee you'll have all the rain you can handle. You'll need to bring along wellies; and trawler gear (y)

It's been raining as usual and Gale is cold this morning with her prevailing breeze. Back to the usual black hole but I can't really grumble because I can't remember the last time we enjoyed four consecutive days without Blackie in fact I thought we might end up with standpies. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Currently 53F / 11 C. Sunrise at 6:43 am. 90% chance of rain, coming in this afternoon. High of 57F / 13C.

I think I'll go pull some weeds later. :LOL:

You know it's spring when the thought of pulling weeds makes you feel like this -> :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Morning all,

Currently it is 60F at 0700 where I am in Georiga. It’s been raining steady since yesterday evening. It’s the good steady, light kind of rain. The kind one would like to have while trying to grow grass seed! Which I am coincidentally. The ground this morning though, is saturated. Im happy to see that my seedlings have grabbed anough earth as to not be washed away.

We live in a rural area and lately, after a big pollen production, everything looks so green and lush. We have noticed honeybees lately which makes me happy. I wonder where they are combing. When we built on our acreage a tree was pushed over only to find it full of honey!!! I hated to see the tree demolished but it was to late by that time. I hope they have resettled somewhere close. We named our gravel rd Honeytree Ln. A little off topic but what flows, flows.

Ask a Question