Weather

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
LOL! A gif for every occasion! Love it! Cheers me up!
wait, I forgot the one for "cold"
smcold2.gif
:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Here in the frozen arctic wasteland known by some as, "Canada", we're emerging from deceptive spring into Crows winter. After that, we have the season of mud, and then finally a brief spring.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

WOW; WOW & WOW; I've done it; I've actually done it; I've got a picture of our patio dry; I feel quite overwhelmed at this. Early this morning I was in the kitchen and was amazed to see the dry patio so I dashed into the office to grab the camera but in that short time Blackie was already on the job as seen in the pictures; I've just tried the same again but this time managed to take a picture of our dry patio; I'm sure this will be on BBC News tonight?

Please note how clean the patio is; I've been using Morrisons Saver brand vinegar at 21p per bottle; Over a period of months I've used about a dozen bottles costing extremely little but look how it's cleaned the patio; the patio has been wet and lots of rain has been washing the vinegar off otherwise I'm sure it would have taken a lot less vinegar; still 12 bottles at 21p per bottle is cheap. I have a Nilfisk 120 bar pressure washer but using vinegar is a great deal easier and certainly quieter. I don't know what effect the vinegar would have if it were allowed to run off into soil containing plants but it works perfectly on our patio; thought I'd just share it?

https://groceries.morrisons.com/web...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP3TrsmRj9oCFY1IGwodPVkEng

It's come over dark so Blackie is hovering; Blackie is losing his grip on me; I've not been able to power wash the patio because of the dire weather but I've won this fight. Whoopee. :):):)

Kind regards, Colin.

DSC00410.JPG
DSC00411.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Colin, I'm so happy for you, and so impressed with your patio! Vinegar can be an herbicide (I use it in a trigger bottle to spot kill weeds) but with all your rain the vinegar would be diluted quickly. Your patio plants, the stone walls, everything is just lovely. I'm not surprised, given your work ethic and Bron's artistic eye.
Blackie gave you a respite because he was in central Texas last night. We got 2 1/4" of much appreciated rain! Since I didn't have to water the gardens this morning, I started some knot rolls for Easter, and have a pot of chicken stock simmering.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure this will be on BBC News tonight?

It SHOULD BE! LOL! Vinegar is better than a lot of other more expensive althernatives. No need to lose sleep over it. Very nice work you've done with your patio.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Many thanks marlingardener & alp for your kind comments.(y):)

We use diluted vinegar in a spray bottle for window cleaning and it does a good job. Vinegar indeed has many uses.

I'm pleased you enjoyed a splash from Blackie Marlingarder; 2 1/4" here is a decent day; it's usually a deluge. :D
I did the patio; pathway and dry stone walling in my first year of retirement taking it easy after a lifetimes hard graft; the wall was only 4" away from the bungalow wall so I dug tons of wet clay out by hand and built it to my design adding three lots of steps up into the garden. The flags are the heavy 2" thick 3' x 2' bedded on mortar with 1" wide mortar joints; the mortar joints are 1/4" granite chips mixed as a concrete; weeds get an headache trying to get through this. :ROFLMAO:(y)

Here's a couple more pictures. I've picked a rare one showing sunshine; when the sun doe's shine it's absolutely beautiful here on the valley side; pity though the sun is so shy; the second picture is the normal one; I got wet again as I wandered down to the workshop this afternoon so all is normal; the breeze was perishing courtesy of Blackies sister Gale. Notice the new paintwork colour; I had to search for a dry sunny picture.

I'm much better being busy then I don't moan as much about the weather.

Kind regards, Colin.

Pathway_001.JPG
Pathway_002.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're such a talented man! Shame we don't understand your technical jargons. But we can feast our eyes on your lovely finish! You're an asset to the forum!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thank you alp for your continuing encouragement which is much appreciated. I love to keep busy doing something positive hopefully with a useful end result. :)

This afternoon I was water cooled once again as I headed into the workshop; I've just made a start on making grinding jigs like the ones in the following video; years ago I made the belt grinder but never had the time to complete it so it's at last come to the top of the list; I'll post details later but already I'm making good progress. (y)

I never want to be an expert at anything because I enjoy making mistakes I learn from; I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the kit but I have bags of patience to make up for it.

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some kind of sandpaper(?) serious stuff! Must cost quite a bit to collect all these tools.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Another dreary day, but at least, it is not raining now. It will rain later though. 2 - 9c

upload_2018-3-29_6-58-5.png

Ask a Question