Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes Logan; looks like Blackie and Gale are back on duty from tomorrow; heavy rain and breezy so what's new? Don't we here in the UK make a lot of noise about a bit of snow; "The beast from the east" 2" of snow here shuts the country down so we never stood a chance when a mighty 6" fell? Two continuous days of hot sunshine will force a water shortage assuming we enjoy such a long summer? :)

I was going to wash the Yeti this afternoon but I reckon leaving a bar of soap on it's roof will do the job.

upload_2018-3-26_14-42-59.png

More snow and blizzards forecast; above is a picture we often see from our front windows.

Kind regards, Colin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Logan, we had about 1" of snow several years ago (on Easter yet!) and most of Texas came to a screeching halt. We had brought our snow shovel with us from New York, mostly as a reminder of why we are in Texas. My husband actually took the shovel to a neighbor and offered to loan it for "clearing their sidewalk." The guy didn't know what the shovel was!
Note: as I write this I'm wearing shorts and cooling down from watering the gardens.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Logan, we had about 1" of snow several years ago (on Easter yet!) and most of Texas came to a screeching halt. We had brought our snow shovel with us from New York, mostly as a reminder of why we are in Texas. My husband actually took the shovel to a neighbor and offered to loan it for "clearing their sidewalk." The guy didn't know what the shovel was!
Note: as I write this I'm wearing shorts and cooling down from watering the gardens.

What a shame to have the snow shovel being unused; you're most welcome to my snow free of charge for life Marlingardener. (y):D

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

What a nice change from NY to Texas and also GREAT for gardening!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp; we look directly across the valley to the tower; beyond the tower The Pennines which cause us so much weather misery. Blackie arrived at 3:18 this morning making his presence known on the roof and our bedroom window; I was wide awake designing a gouge grinding jig in my head; Gale is arriving on the next train? Friends from Hull 80 miles away are visiting us at 10:30 so not the best welcome with a soaking wet welcome mat? Blackie is my constant black cloud but why take his troubles out on our friends. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp; we look directly across the valley to the tower; beyond the tower The Pennines which cause us so much weather misery. Blackie arrived at 3:18 this morning making his presence known on the roof and our bedroom window; I was wide awake designing a gouge grinding jig in my head; Gale is arriving on the next train? Friends from Hull 80 miles away are visiting us at 10:30 so not the best welcome with a soaking wet welcome mat? Blackie is my constant black cloud but why take his troubles out on our friends. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kind regards, Colin.

If I were you, I would move! Too depressing!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks alp. (y)

Into each life a little rain must fall; mines just a waterfall and now at 70 I think I'm getting used to working in heavy clothing? :)

I think if I was a stick of rock and was broken in half it would say "Yorkshireman". :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question