Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
There's very little evidence of snow now, just on the top of some patio pots.
I took a chance and baled out of going to play golf as I suspected that it wouldn't have completely cleared on the course and the ground would be very hard. When it's icy you can hit a straight drive down the middle of a fairway then watch it bounce either right or left at 90 degrees on hard uneven ground.

A wise decision as I would have left the house at 8.15am. I got an e-mail at 10.05am to advise that the course was closed due to 'elf n' safety reasons. There's some steep slopes on parts of some fairways and paths.
My wife asked if we hadn't been given the same advice the government jobsworths gave children when it's slippy. "Walk like a penguin."
I replied the greens committee are aware that some of us walk like that anyway, so it would still be considered too dangerous. I'm hoping it'll be OK by Wednesday as we're due for some warmer, dryer, weather.

It's quite sunny today, but still very cold.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The snow never showed up......a bit of sunshine now, but it's not producing any heat.....still very chilly:(:cold:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Absolutely amazing; 4C forecast for just now but I've spent the last hour in wonderful warm sunshine washing and drying the Yeti whilst trying to catch up with some vitamin D; for well over a year I've been treated like rhubarb living in a black hole with watering most days.

I wonder just how long it will be before the Yeti is soaking wet again?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You have it warmer than us @colin(y)
Still a lot of snow on the ground, but thankfully the sun is now out.
Still only 2C out there , a bit too nippy for my liking so after a quick tour of the garden it's back inside for a mug of coffee:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh! @alp ....think you have nabbed all the sun quota today!:D:ROFLMAO:

Yes! Solid 3 hours of sunshine! Can't complain. The sun is still here, just a bit. Apparently, Ireland has had the best of sunshine.

Tomorrow is going to be a glorious day for all of us! Hurrah!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely day ahead! 9c - heat wave!

upload_2018-3-20_6-52-39.png

The temperatures are so strange 0c sandwiched between 7 and 9c????

Ask a Question