Weather

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for asking Logan. (y) Since marrying Bron 41 years ago I've done all kinds of woodwork from making window frames/doors to fine veneering; much of the timber I've bought as full car loads of offcuts saving a fortune but these days there are few timber yards for me to raid; I felled an holly tree a few years ago and retained a number of short trunk sections which have been stored beneath the bungalow allowing them to dry and season slowly; it's this holly I'm currently working with turning small lidded boxes; Bron will put the boxes on display around the bungalow.

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/relaxing-afternoon.13597/#post-136340

Normally all my previous woodturning has been to turn things like table legs and utility items between centres; turning the little boxes I've wanted to do for many years but other jobs have taken precedence; I've now caught up with the bungalow and am unable to get into the gardens due to our dire Yorkshire climate so at last I can relax and enjoy quality workshop time.

I've made lots of our fitted and free standing furniture; our hardwood kitchen I made mostly from offcuts (Meranti) and unlike modern kitchens it never ages; I kept adding to the kitchen as timber became available and it only took around 25 years until I considered it finished.

I've just enjoyed a brew so now into the workshop before another day slips by. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
it's this holly I'm currently working with turning small lidded boxes; Bron will put the boxes on display around the bungalow.

What a good idea! You're so clever with your hands and to reuse material like this is ideal for not clogging the environment. I bet some can be given away as firewood or sold at a small fee.

And love to see your various hand-made furniture! Don't forget to open a new thread and show us your talents!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We are sunny and cloudy and on and off. When I am in, it's sunny and when I am out, cloudy! The sun is allergic to me. Going to watch APTCH now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It's our third nor'easter in less than 2 weeks. 6-12 inches of snow predicted with high wind gusts. I'm having my doubts on spring arriving at all. Thankfully we still power.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my doubts on spring arriving at all. Thankfully we still power.

And we moan about 2 inches of snow. LOL!

upload_2018-3-14_6-26-4.png

Looks like a fab day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely @alp!....fab day here too!!!:D

High of 11 and a low of 8 :)

The cold snap at the weekend will hit us hard after this mild spell:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Agree! Just when you think you can BASK in the sunshine .. I am going to shield the blunt cold winds for you all! That's how unselfish I am! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ...thanks @alp, thats what true friendship is all about .....I'll do the same for you too.....I have an extra roll of bubble wrap!!:D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ...thanks @alp, thats what true friendship is all about .....I'll do the same for you too.....I have an extra roll of bubble wrap!!:D:ROFLMAO:

LOL! Judging the way my waistline goes:eek:, you could keep your bubble wrap! :LOL:

Ask a Question