Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Colin , gosh you've been busy already.....I haven't really got going yet.......I blame this lovely forum :D:ROFLMAO:

Keeping fingers ( and everything else that possible (y)) crossed that Blackie has taken a long and well earned holiday, and will return in a happier frame of mind (y):)

Enjoy your workshop day......why don't you make a ' Do not disturb ' sign and hang it on the door!(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I always bought them reduced. We have lovely crate of clementine reduced to 75p each with 14 in them. I just couldn't say no to reduced stuff. So yes, bought 4 crates and have to eat 3 a day each. Nishi small pear of 6 reduced to 12p and still nice and crunchy.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks everyone; I always thought unpacked apples would be cheaper; my mistake and it brought tears to my eyes being a true tight Yorkshireman. :((y)

Thanks Upsy Daisy for your kind suggestion about hanging a "Do not disturb" sign on the workshop door; I doubt this would work here because we get lots of cold callers who don't even understand the word "NO" so I doubt they could get their head round something involving reading? I reckon a machine gun post would be more effective?

Sorry Upsy Daisy; I'm going to attempt to clean and dry the Yeti this afternoon so please be put on red alert from Blackie; I'm sure his sister Gale won't be far away either. Thanks; I've just enjoyed a splendid morning; shopping first thing then quality time in the workshop successfully rebuilding the Lorch Lathe headstock; the Lorch sounds very sweet now much to my delight; I even felt warm with the fan heater on low setting with just my body warmer on rather than my Eskimo kit; global warming is sure to be mentioned shortly?

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck johnny; sounds like you're expecting an heatwave? (y):)

It's been incredible here this afternoon; warm sunshine and no Gale or Blackie; I must be on another planet. The lathes are sorted and the Yeti is squeaky clean; pity I've got to go berserk changing around trying to do everything at once if the sun dare show its face. I've even watered the Pachysandra cuttings in the cold frame and it's nice to see the daffodils trying to lift their head after being buried in snow.

Whilst cleaning the Yeti the usual charity begging bag was thrust into my hand.

What a lovely place to live in when the sun shines. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-3-6_6-17-28.png

Quite a few rainy days ahead. Not a bad day for working in the garden, which is what I am going to do!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe 10c is more than what I am going to have. But then can't complain. I saw little bugs in my propagator already. Plants have been in it, but I have been too mean to turn it on.

Ask a Question