Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Well glad the weather is changing for the better Friday shops had no dailypapers yesterday local coop supermarket no bread and no milk? And now the car is acting up goes for a couple of miles than looses power and drops to 30 mph top speed ? Looking up rac says cold as effected loads of diesel cars filters ,When we were atWhitleybay the other day real feel was - 12

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
All trace of snow has gone, some light rain, much warmer. The fuss is all over....Well locally.
I think the BBC News reporters are desperately trying to find more snow.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well glad the weather is changing for the better Friday shops had no dailypapers yesterday local coop supermarket no bread and no milk? And now the car is acting up goes for a couple of miles than looses power and drops to 30 mph top speed ? Looking up rac says cold as effected loads of diesel cars filters ,When we were atWhitleybay the other day real feel was - 12

Oh, dear! Ex's car also refused to start. This weather has been very nasty for all of us, in every sense. Zenji: Don't you read newsapapers online. I always do. I don't buy newspapers. I just watch a bit of news at 1pm, 6pm and watch The Papers. Too much news is enough to give your depression, with those clueless running various governments and those inhumane humanoids bombing their own people .. I wish the government would tell us a month in advance what to expect in weather, not the week before. The preparation for this cold snap has been so poor that people have no food to buy in the north. -12c :eek::eek::eek:!

Thank heavens our car started yesterday. So nice to have a garage, even though it is so dilapidated. One winter, the wind screen cracked INSIDE the garage overnight. Bad weather is bad for everything! Hope you're going to have warmer weather soon, Zenji!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good that you have sunshine now, Johnny! Have you have a well-earned rest.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello alp, I've just woken from a seven hr sleep. I don't feel like shoveling the snow around my car and SUV, they can remain entombed in snow and I'll walk to the store for some cream, and walk over the edge of the hill to see if the bike path is plowed out. I would like to bike to feed birds today.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello alp, I've just woken from a seven hr sleep. I don't feel like shoveling the snow around my car and SUV, they can remain entombed in snow and I'll walk to the store for some cream, and walk over the edge of the hill to see if the bike path is plowed out. I would like to bike to feed birds today.

Poor Johnny! Imagine us living in Canada! No wonder all the Canadians and Scandinavians are laughing at us. Yes. don't bother about shovelling the snow unless you need to use your car. Why don't you built a carport so that they wouldn't be entombed? Ah, the carport might be entombed! LOL! That would be funny. Do bike to feed your birds if it is safe to do so.

We are raining now. And I thought it was going to pour. No, just drizzling. So pleased that I did 2 hours of edging and hopefully, tomorrow is a better day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-3-5_6-56-46.png

Spring is here and seeds must be sown indoors still. HURRAH!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It seems sooo mild after last week!!!

High of 8 and a low of 3 down here....seeds to be sown....with care!!

Last edited:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just done the usual 3 supermarkets with clear roads and I can already see half our rear garden; time now for Blackie to take over with another 11 months rain like last year and the year before and the year before?

Morrison's this morning Golden delicious apples in packs of six for £1.60 but I wanted 15 so this was two bags of loose apples; for years apples loose have been priced per kg but no prices this morning; at the checkout I was informed loose apples are now sold per apple and at 35p each I feel ripped off so a good start to the week; I'll not be caught out again. 6 = 26.7p each but 15 = 35p each.

It's not all doom and gloom though; today is workshop day so time to stop moaning and time to start enjoying; have a great day everyone.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question