Weather

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Colin I wouldn't mind swapping weather conditions with you!

Today the sunrise is 7:50 and setting at 4:48 8:58 hours of daylight

Right now we are 4f or -13c
Forecast high today 12f or -11
Forecast tonight 1f or -17
Tomorrow's forecast high is the same but overnight we are going down to -4f or -20c. :eek:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all. Through the night we had sleet,snow then sleet. Stopped now, but it's terrible to walk on,all sludge. 1-2c
Sunrise 8.18. Sunset 16.02
Supposed to be sunny this afternoon.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I had rain last night, now it is all dark. I have removed all the sheets protecting the plants and now the temperature dips again! :eek::cry:

2 to 5 or 4c is my luck. I hope to work outside again. But it's now so dark that I can't be bothered to get rid of the rubbish yet!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

@Colin I wouldn't mind swapping weather conditions with you!

Today the sunrise is 7:50 and setting at 4:48 8:58 hours of daylight

Right now we are 4f or -13c
Forecast high today 12f or -11
Forecast tonight 1f or -17
Tomorrow's forecast high is the same but overnight we are going down to -4f or -20c. :eek:

Still no snow here Lori and this morning at 1C is a lot warmer than yours but I think I'd swap you just for a change to get rid of Blackie; it poured with rain most of the day yesterday and this morning when I set off to the supermarkets just after 7 o'clock it was sleeting a bit; it's now 8:48 and daylight is just arriving.

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Thursday
    A dry, fine and sunny day is expected. Whilst the recent brisk winds will ease, it will remain cold.
Sure; they can expect a fine sunny day for us here tomorrow and I can still dream on. :(

I don't envy you the cold Lori and johnny canoe; you must be needing antifreeze in your mugs of tea? :rolleyes:

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Colin there are other additives to keep a cuppa from freezing... just don't want to be legless by 10 a.m.!

We are at -14, 6f and to have a high of -10c, 7f then expecting a low of -6c, -21f.

A 30% chance of flurries is guessed for but in my area last summer, anything under a 50% chance of rain produced not a drop. Don't know if it will be the same for snow. :rolleyes:

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

@Colin there are other additives to keep a cuppa from freezing... just don't want to be legless by 10 a.m.!

We are at -14, 6f and to have a high of -10c, 7f then expecting a low of -6c, -21f.

A 30% chance of flurries is guessed for but in my area last summer, anything under a 50% chance of rain produced not a drop. Don't know if it will be the same for snow. :rolleyes:

Nice one Lori. :):D:D:D:D:):LOL:(y)

If our forecasters forecast rain for every day of the year for our home they would achieve a very high correct score Lori; I've often said we suffer 9 months winter and 3 months bad weather; 2017 has been a washout AGAIN.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/roads-around-huddersfield-closed-due-14083621

All around us has been troubled by snow but Blackie rules here. :mad:(y)

We've got the two worst months still ahead of us and if it snows badly our neighbour John will be out clearing the street with his big JCB digger bucket.

Once we're into the New Year I'll be able to relax and potter around; at the moment I don't feel like doing much and my enthusiasm is low; holiday periods always throw me off balance but I'll soon be making up for this short idle period; roll on springtime then I can go mad wondering what to do first. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I find the shorter days a bit depressing. I battle it by trying to garden inside. Yesterday I went through knee deep snow to get a bag of potting soil to bring in- like carrying a big frozen pillow -really weird! It is thawing nicely and I will be making lots of soil blocks to start seeds and at the same time flip the bird to old man winter :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
weather.PNG

At 89% humidity and 10mph wind with rain it is just a raw weather day today.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I went through knee deep snow to get a bag of potting soil to bring in- like carrying a big frozen pillow -really weird!

:eek::eek::LOL:Lori: If at all possible, it might be a good idea to keep your compost near your fire as the warm compost will do a lot of good to seed germination. Bet you know this already. We have 1 to 5c today, with a lovely strong cup of tea to keep me company. I have replaced a hot water bottle in the lean to and the candle is still warming the ceramic pots and then might be the lean to.

Ask a Question