alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, cloudy but very mild. 5-9c
Yesterday was very foggy all day and damp.
Sunrise 8.16 - 15.57

I had a lovely day yesterday. The sun came out. But walking in the garden is dangerous as the clay was so slippery!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I had a lovely day yesterday. The sun came out. But walking in the garden is dangerous as the clay was so slippery!
You be careful. It needs a lot of grit. Used to be able to get a soil conditioner to brake down clay soil. It's called clay braker. I don't know if it works.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I put some laminate flooring panels here and there ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It was a frog strangler!
frogstrangler.PNG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We were fortunate today--arose to 32 degrees at 7 a.m., but the sun came out and now we are in the low 50's. I braved the cold this morning and cut some roses for the Christmas bouquet. It is to be colder tonight.
Our hens were anxious to get to the outside coop and enjoy the sunshine. They will have their heat lamps on tonight, and a goodly portion of chicken scratch. No rain forecast for the next four days but I don't have absolute faith in our local weather forecasters:rolleyes:.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for your Christmas wishes Logan. (y)

Bron and I have just spent the last hour opening lots of wonderful prezzies; our front room looked like a waste paper recycling plant. :):):)

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Today
    Dry for many, though rain likely at times over the Pennines. Breezy, with some bright spells possible and feeling mild again for the time of year. Winds increasing through the evening with rain arriving from the west.

• Tonight
    Rain will clear to the east through the first half of the night, winds easing as it does so and turning colder with wintry showers over high ground by dawn.
Even on Christmas Day my constant companion Blackie still won't give it a rest; the forecasters can hardly get it wrong if they forecast rain for us; the forecasters love to rub it in by focussing in on The Pennines? Gale too is ever present. :(

Merry Christmas everyone from me too and a very happy and peaceful New Year.

Kind regards, Colin.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A black hole and pouring with rain AGAIN; Blackie sure loves me. I really do think our forecasters should take up something they could perhaps handle like knitting and leave weather forecasting to others? I think our forecasters must be holed up in the earth core in a nuclear bunker otherwise all they would require are a pair of open eyes to look out of the window to see the rain coming down? 2C today.

Yorkshire and Humber
Forecast Summary
  • Wednesday
    Cloudy in the east at first, with a few coastal showers. Increasingly brighter with sunny spells for all parts, as showers clear. Feeling cold in stronger northerly winds.
Kind regards, Colin.

A quick update;

11:17am and still it rains. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I've not had to water the six Viburnum in the rack since I bought them weeks ago; same with all the new shrubs and ground cover plants I've planted.

DSC00150.JPG

Last edited:

Ask a Question