Variagated Ginger dying...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I live in London and I bought a Variegated Ginger two weeks ago (with leaves green/white on top and pink/red on the bottom). It looked great when I bought the plant and the day after all the leaves were kind of hanging down when the day before they were all rising up to the ceiling. We watered the plant and it appeared that some leaves were coming back up after a few days. Two days ago we turned on the heater (around 20C now) and it looks like the leaves are hanging down once again. Some leaves also have stains appearing or kind of little waves around the leaf (shown on pictures). The soil is moist and we did not replant it after purchase. Please help, I want to save my baby!!

It used to look like this:
IMG_6253.JPG

And now it looks like this:
IMG_9922.JPG
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_2447.JPG
IMG_4295.JPG
IMG_6025.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It might be a good idea to refresh soil for the beautiful ginger and don't overwater now that it's winter. When you refresh the soil, add a bit of grit to the new compost and pot it in a bigger pot.

Sunshine and moistures are the keys..

It needs light so it might be a good idea to place it near a window.

Have a good here and see if you could see relevant pointers.

She has some perlite in the soil to aid drainage.

Ask a Question