A BIG surprise in the ginger.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
One of my ginger plants started dying back, so I dug the root up and it was full of holes and........TERMITES. I can HONESTLY say, "I NEVER saw that coming".

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! What a terrible setback. See if you can google getting rid of termites organically. Hopefully, your ginger can be saved.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Was the container made of wood by chance? I wonder if they would have attacked in a fiber, or clay pot container or plastic?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Was the container made of wood by chance? I wonder if they would have attacked in a fiber, or clay pot container or plastic?
The pots are clay. I think that, most likely, the bag potting "soil" (and I us that word VERY LOOSELY) was the REAL factor since it was .0000001% soil and 99.9999999% ground up wood chips.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
O lordy, nothing like a special gift from the garden center...well, i guess gardeners are used to starting over and trying again, but that was a pretty nasty gift. I have become accustomed to asking the people i am purchasing soil from to open the bag so i can see if the contents are going to work for me. i even stick my hand in the bag to check out texture. Since i've been doing this i haven't been gifted with a bag full of monster red ants.

Ask a Question