Upside down garden anyone

Reaction score
I tried the topsy turvey once. I bumped my head on it twice when I wasn't paying attention. :mad: I do think this technique has a interesting look. But, I guess I am a little basic when it comes to gardening. My friends and family always ask me why I haven't tried all the new gardening trends that are seen on commercials. I guess I am just too old for the new stuff.

Reaction score
I tried the topsy turvey once. I bumped my head on it twice when I wasn't paying attention. :mad: I do think this technique has a interesting look. But, I guess I am a little basic when it comes to gardening. My friends and family always ask me why I haven't tried all the new gardening trends that are seen on commercials. I guess I am just too old for the new stuff.
LOL, at least you did give it a try. That is what matters.
I tried a couple of pieces for a string garden and my son kept walking into the plants breaking them. I decided to give the plants a break and let them grow normally. Sometimes normal is prettier than all the latest trends :)
I think I will still try a string garden when I have more space. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is an interesting way of growing tomatoes, it makes it easier to pick them...but, to me, it looks a little weird:

upside-down-tomato.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

I have the strawberry version. I am thinking about using it down the line when my strawberry plants multiply a bit more. I have two parent plants right now and one has sent out runners twice already. I am not sure I want to use the bag though because it seems like the runners would root better atop soil.

Reaction score
I've seen runners root on the bark of a tree, so you might be fine ChanellG. Sometimes its all about experimenting. If I were you , I would just try it, and plant strawberries from seeds as a back up plan. Strawberries are very strong and adapt really well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've seen runners root on the bark of a tree, so you might be fine ChanellG. Sometimes its all about experimenting. If I were you , I would just try it, and plant strawberries from seeds as a back up plan. Strawberries are very strong and adapt really well.

Well, I'll just wait and see what happens. I don't have a lot of growing space so if the strawberry runners put out runners I'll have to find homes for them. The bag is an option as long as I have it so I'll just have to wait and see how fast the plants multiply. My original mother plant has already put out two runners so I am not going to let any of the other runners mature. I want all the plant's remaining energy to go to the berries.

Ask a Question