Weighing down garden netting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I think this is the right section to post.

We had a terrible garden last year due to insects and critters so we decided to buy some netting. I did use PVC to create two hoops to keep them off the plants but my question is, what have you done to help keep the netting weighed down on the sides?

I did buy some netting that was too small but noticed it was blowing in the wind so to speak therefore I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent that from happening when I install the new netting Any advice?

Thanks,

Chris

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Chris, It can be really frustrating when ''creatures'' mess up your garden :( ....but however you do manage to peg down the netting, it is important to make sure it is really secure and tight. I don`t know much about the critters (as you call them) where you live, but here in the UK this kind of netting left around the garden can cause pain and devastation to small creatures like hedgehogs and birds.
I tried to hold on to a large hog one night to cut away some netting. He was screaming with pain, and his mate stood nearby. He had become more and more entangled as he struggled. It was dark, and although I was able to remove a lot of the netting he got away before I could finish ........ it had completely severed one of his legs. :cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Thanks for the information everyone.

Tetters, here in Alabama we don't have hedgehogs and the deer is what killed my garden not to mention insects.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big fences for deer :sneaky: ... Will netting stop insects ? Our hogs eat slugs , luv 'em :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
This. Lowes also carries packages of small u-shaped landscape pins that should work. I find tons of uses for those little things around the yard. :)

I actually have a box of those u shaped pins and it never occurred to me to use them...smh

Ask a Question