Help! My hanging plant fell upside down!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I am not very good with plants. I purchased two hanging plants from Home Depot called Sun Patiens. They are made to live in sun/shade and also able to stand heat. Anyway, I have them hanging on my porch. Well, when I went to look more up close at the flowers I twisted the pot and the whole plant fell on the ground upside down! So all my flowers are flattened and do not look good. I cannot find anything online that can help me. Should I cut everything back and kind of start fresh or should I just leave it be and they will perk up over time?! I need some advice please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hells Bells. I can imagine your feelings. All is not lost. Stand the basket on a firm base. Gently press the compost back if it has become dislodged. At this point refrain from cutting bits off. Give it chance to pick up, a gentle water spray from a hand-held sprayer at least once a day, just to keep the foliage moist. It will recover. If after a few days, there are broken/damaged stems etc, then these can be snipped off. You may be able to use these bits as cuttings. Best wishes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ! ,welcome to the forum @jlynn2785

Fingers crossed they will be OK. You'll be surprised at how many of my ' little babies ' have endured falls and knocks from great heights and lived to bloom happily ever after!:)(y)

Ask a Question