Two to three feet height pepper plant which produces lots of peppers?.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi ,
New to peppers but not gardening per-se .
I'm interested in any pepper plants that don't exceed 3 feet but do put out lots of peppers , sweet or hot peppers matters not.

I'm in Miami so hot/warm all year long but the soil is horrible so I use pots . This is a pic of a starting out cherry tomato plant just to give an idea of set up I plan to do with peppers .

Any suggestions would be great .

Thank you

plantcherrytomato.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1A7E45C3-4BBD-465A-A871-9A1E21C700CB.jpeg
F81E4B54-CF1E-48BD-A7CA-3A2B0CEEA5A2.jpeg
Hi ,
New to peppers but not gardening per-se .
I'm interested in any pepper plants that don't exceed 3 feet but do put out lots of peppers , sweet or hot peppers matters not.

I'm in Miami so hot/warm all year long but the soil is horrible so I use pots . This is a pic of a starting out cherry tomato plant just to give an idea of set up I plan to do with peppers .

Any suggestions would be great .

Thank you

View attachment 43303
Poblano peppers sound like the kinda thing that would suit you don’t grow much bigger than 2ft and produce good yeild of large heart shaped fruit they love the heat so your climate would be ideal

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Leeski 's an expert! Well, her plants produce tons. You could try pepperdew pepper or chiiles. They are very quick to yield. I bought them in June and now they are showing up peppers, albeit 2 only. They are those used in antipasto

upload_2018-8-24_8-56-50.jpeg

images

Sweet and piquanté - especially divine with cheese as in the last photo!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you both very much , I just found seeds for Poblano online and going to order some now.

Going to look up pepperdrew and research the chili's .

My back yard is full sun all year long and hot which is why getting into peppers because as you know such heat does limit what you plant .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Poblano seeds can be a pain to germinate I find between damp paper towel method is the quickest and most successful try and keep them around 25-30c
Keep us posted how things go
And by the way welcome to the forum:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have had good luck growing jalapeno peppers in containers. Produce well, do not get over 3 feet tall.

,.....and what I do for seed is go to the store buy some for eating, then just plant the seeds.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have had good luck growing jalapeno peppers in containers. Produce well, do not get over 3 feet tall.

,.....and what I do for seed is go to the store buy some for eating, then just plant the seeds.

Good idea! That's I do, too. I saw some colourful cherry tomatoes and had the same epiphany that I could taste them and collect the seeds of those that I liked. Yesterday, I suddenly, saw some yellow cherry tomatoes! Ooops! Apparently, I had the same idea last year, but dementia has stopped me functioning properly!:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I love my Shishito peppers! Not hot, except maybe 1 in 100. I have been harvesting 40-50 peppers from 2 plants every 5-6 days to the point I can't give them away fast enough. Plants only 18-24".

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good idea! That's I do, too. I saw some colourful cherry tomatoes and had the same epiphany that I could taste them and collect the seeds of those that I liked. Yesterday, I suddenly, saw some yellow cherry tomatoes! Ooops! Apparently, I had the same idea last year, but dementia has stopped me functioning properly!:(

I love cherry tomatoes and tried the Everglades type 2 months ago which have been amazing .

cherrytomato.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love cherry tomatoes and tried the Everglades type 2 months ago which have been amazing .

View attachment 43342

See this box of multi-colour cherry tomatoes. I bought it to get the seeds, but obviously, I had already bought one and planted them earlier this year and they have now fruited! How embarrassing!
SAM_0974.JPG

It's very hard to find out the names of the toms. If you can, they usually charge a lot of money!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love my Shishito peppers! Not hot, except maybe 1 in 100. I have been harvesting 40-50 peppers from 2 plants every 5-6 days to the point I can't give them away fast enough. Plants only 18-24".

I had those in my sight but for some reason thought they didn't put out many peppers but now see just the opposite . There is a garden farm type place like 45 minutes from me which I'm headed to tomorrow to get pots, pepper stakes , etc , they carry Shishito sprouts . Going to get a few .

The above seeds I already ordered this am.

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
See this box of multi-colour cherry tomatoes. I bought it to get the seeds, but obviously, I had already bought one and planted them earlier this year and they have now fruited! How embarrassing!
View attachment 43343

It's very hard to find out the names of the toms. If you can, they usually charge a lot of money!

I imagine the growing season by you is 4 to 5 months ?.

Ours is all year long yet we are limited to tomato types due to heat . A friend lives in Italy and he puts out massive tomatoes 4 to 5 months a year .

Ask a Question