Turkey Christmas Dinner and all the trimmings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone's going to start a Christmas tree snaps here or Christmas lights thread here ...

Could it be you?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You can start it now and then put up your photos later ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This was what we had last time ex was here

Drenched in Peri Peri marinade .. Fancy a Nando now!

SAM_0246.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oooooo yes what a brilliant idea !!!! Still trying to work our where to put ours this year as we have a bookcase now in the place it usually goes.:unsure:
Hubs thinks it should either go in our hallway or in our main lounge. :(....I don't agree with him....so I shall do as I always do and will find a place to sneak it in our family lounge....as normal:)(y)

I always feel sad at time year not only for the poor Turkeys but also for all the trees that are lopped down , just to brighten up our homes for a couple of weeks :(

Only had a ' real tree' once since we married, but hated seeing all the used and unwanted trees dumped at the local amenities tip.....so sad:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Look forward to it @Logan :)(y)....start it now and we can see what type of tree and when people are putting them up ;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning: @Upsy Daisy - I totally agree. Went to diy store gc, nothing but severed Normann Fir. Beautiful trees, but exposing their trunks.. Very sad. I might buy one with a rootball when they are £10 and I will move with it.

I love a Korean spruce though. I remember that last time we had a live tree. The leaves fell all over the floor and days after Christmas, we saw silvery trails all across the walls.. :eek::eek::eek::LOL:. Never again!

Yes, definitely in the living room as all the presents will be heaped around the tree and the living room is the warmest room in the house ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do the British people not like ham? Not one person has mentioned ham for a holiday dinner. Ham makes a delicious main course and is much less fussy to prepare than turkey. In our house ham is often the meal of choice for a holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: alp

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Do the British people not like ham? Not one person has mentioned ham for a holiday dinner. Ham makes a delicious main course and is much less fussy to prepare than turkey. In our house ham is often the meal of choice foe a holiday.
It's traditional to have turkey. Before then it was goose or duck. Have sliced ham in the sandwiches for tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question