Christmas Cards

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My wife is into decoupage, it helps with her M.S. Keeps her hands working. She makes them for all occasions, but only for friends and family. Every card is different.

The production is now being scaled down as you can see from these photos. There were bits of half-finished cards everywhere!

Completed cards still need envelopes making, but that apparently is a "small job."

Whilst viewing these you might (or might not) like to listen to a seasonal recording I've just made. A few jazz chords in this one.

https://app.box.com/s/z3z9th6kj3jcnntjsjbj3g78htb39kc4

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
@Sean Regan it's nice of her to do them for family and friends because to buy them singular vary in price, we only get a few from the neighbours and because we don't mix I've noticed they get less each year but we just buy the box cards.

Thanks for the xmas carol very nice (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
@Sean Regan it's nice of her to do them for family and friends because to buy them singular vary in price, we only get a few from the neighbours and because we don't mix I've noticed they get less each year but we just buy the box cards.

Thanks for the xmas carol very nice (y)

The cost of posting these cards is getting ridiculous. they weigh next to nothing, but because of the layers of card required to get the decoupage effect, they become too thick to pass through the "letter slot" at the Post Office, so they each end up costing a pound to send. but I can hand-deliver many for friends and neighbours.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
The cost of posting these cards is getting ridiculous. they weigh next to nothing, but because of the layers of card required to get the decoupage effect, they become too thick to pass through the "letter slot" at the Post Office, so they each end up costing a pound to send. but I can hand-deliver many for friends and neighbours.
I could imagine the price with the post office as my hubby as said it's totally ridiculous what they charge now...I've not sent a card out in years by post to know the price.
Well by delivering the rest your keeping most of the cost down :)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but with cards got to start early.:)
I know if you've got to send them before December starts getting busy...it must be me as I don't send none till the neighbours till the 2nd week in December :)

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
We've a friend in Holland, We have to send her card at least three weeks before Christmas to stand any chance of it getting there in time.
I could imagine as December is mad and is your wife still finishing them? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I could imagine as December is mad and is your wife still finishing them? :)

They are more or less finished. When I did the week's shopping toay, she'd put padded envelopes on the list. Those are for the ones that I have to post each year.
For my golfing friends I take them with me on the day when we have our Christmas lunch in mid-December, after playing in the morning. A lot of cards get exchanged on that day.
For the rest I deliver those for neighbours by hand and run round in the car with those for friends who are not within walking distance.

Gail_68

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
They are more or less finished. When I did the week's shopping toay, she'd put padded envelopes on the list. Those are for the ones that I have to post each year.
For my golfing friends I take them with me on the day when we have our Christmas lunch in mid-December, after playing in the morning. A lot of cards get exchanged on that day.
For the rest I deliver those for neighbours by hand and run round in the car with those for friends who are not within walking distance.
Oh good I bet she's pleased...does she read Sean as I find it relaxing?
Your like my hubby I do a list and he does the shopping for me also...very rare I venture out.

So really it's not to bad how you do it except for the stupid expense of the ones you have to send.

Ask a Question