Turkey Christmas Dinner and all the trimmings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I love seafood. Nothing beats a crunchy pawn or sweet and fresh crab meat straight from the shell. We used to be able to go to fishmarket, but now we have to pay for parking.. I remember some French selling one king prawn for £1 in Chelsea!
walking one day along the beach came across a nice clam, shucked it and enjoyed that moment. yes, still alive all these years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I enjoy seafoods, and I enjoy dressing with turkey. I have found that I do not enjoy oyster dressing however, which my wife insists upon making on holidays, so the sweet girl makes me a separate regulation dressing. She was complaining when I sniped some oysters that she had out in preparation, but by themselves I like them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
My first husband loved my oyster pie I would make. have not made in 30 years . I do recall it being really good. usually have raw oysters when on holiday in Key West.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I enjoy seafoods, and I enjoy dressing with turkey. I have found that I do not enjoy oyster dressing however, which my wife insists upon making on holidays, so the sweet girl makes me a separate regulation dressing. She was complaining when I sniped some oysters that she had out in preparation, but by themselves I like them.

Fresh seafood really doesn't need any dressing. There is a sweetness in their meat.. I've found Thousand Islands a bit artificial!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My first husband loved my oyster pie I would make. have not made in 30 years . I do recall it being really good. usually have raw oysters when on holiday in Key West.

Having raw seafoods can be tricky. Some posh restaurants sap their seafood with electric current or something to kill bacteria. Someone was paralysed after having seafood in a hot country. Some restaurants insist on customers signing a RARE form just in case they complain about nasty illnesses after requesting "rare" meats..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Having raw seafoods can be tricky. Some posh restaurants sap their seafood with electric current or something to kill bacteria. Someone was paralysed after having seafood in a hot country. Some restaurants insist on customers signing a RARE form just in case they complain about nasty illnesses after requesting "rare" meats..
Yep, that is why, only in Key West at this one restaurant, once a year I eat 2 dozen. and I have a hepatitis shot in me. not dead yet, and rarely get sick.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A decent restaurant would sap their oysters with some current to kill any potential bugs. Better be safe than sorry.

How do you eat your raw oysters? I usually buy them from supermarket and pry them open, add a bit of salt, a bit of freshly ground pepper and a bit of Tabaco sauce.. Yummy! But I am always scared. Haven't had them for 2 years at least.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Was going to start a thread with similar title. I see that last year we had one. So, as we have some new comers. I will start a NEW one, but have 2018 on it. So please look for that one to comment on. 2017 was a lovely gathering of thoughts to refer to also.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops! I don't have turkey and I won't comment! LOL! Joking! Please be INCLUSIVE! Just Christmas dinner will suffice!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Guess you did not note the title of the new thread I started for Christmas dinner 2018.

Provide a link please, as any proactive or forward-thinking person would do! Only joking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question