Fence to keep Chickens & Turkeys out

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi - I'm renewing our garden for next season and we'll need a fence. My neighbors have chickens and our area has lots & lots of wild turkeys. We have no problem with the chickens in the yard (no more ticks!) and the turkeys do as they please but want to keep them out of the garden next growing season (I'm in eastern Mass.). Our garden is 25ft. by 18ft. and we grow mostly flowers I'd like to install an inexpensive fence in the spring and would welcome any suggestions.
We're not too concerned about chipmunks & squirrels (we've learned to live with them) but the deer are multiplying quickly around here and we'd like to keep them out as well.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To keep out deer you will need a fence at least 6 feet tall. Wild turkeys? If your turkeys are like mine they will usually stay away on their own but they fly so a fence without a top us useless against them.

Ask a Question