Tmann's gardens

Reaction score
My lot is basicaaly 105 ft wide and 110 ft long. I have a berm in my backyard (the small hill that my waterfall is built on) had to stay there per my subdivison rules. It separates one section of the neighborhood from the other, so my backyard is not very deep b/c I lose about 15' on the other side of the hill that I can't do much with. So I planted the pine trees you see and will be getting rid of the small strip of land between them and the top of the hill.

Reaction score
I was scoping out my next project. Have a couple in mind and I might do both just depends on time and if I want to go through all the effort. I am debating whether to add back my small pond which flowed into the larger one; I took it out several years ago and made the creek longer. The other thing I may do is make my outflow on my bog come out the other side of it and then create another creek which would flow into the other creek by my dawn redwood tree. Might be a lot of work and not sure if I will have enough flow for the two creeks. I would be reducing the flow from the big waterfall creek by about 30%. I can probably decrease that a bit more if I cut down on the flow to the other creek which you can not see in this pic.

Here is where I am thinking of putting the creek.
Bog creek.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
All sounds good! Like you say it all boils down to how much time you get, but I do like the sound of that longer creek :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My daughter lives in one of those communities that does not allow shed and have to keep their lawn stuff in their garage. The new garage is not as large as the old garage so it is a little tight in their. I like having a shed to keep all of the planting stuff in.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your garden is my dream. How much land do you have to be able to expand as you have?

Reaction score
Pat thanks.

My yard is about 100' wide and about 115' long. The only expansion I can do is to take away more of the grass and put in perennials or other flowers, which I am going to do to a section on top of the hill this spring.

Reaction score
When my wife and I got back home from a weeks vacation in Sunny Florida our landscaping was over run by weeds. It rained yesterday which left the ground very wet and an ideal day to pull some of those weeds out. I spend four hours pulling weeds and have 1/2 a garbage can full. My perennials are coming up quite nicely now and quite a few of them have spread a bit which is good. I used to put down preen for the weeds but have not done it in the last few years for the backyard, because we have so many perennials that seed themselves and I don't want to kill these free perennials. One of the most prolific perennials that grow from seed for us are black eye Susan's, I must have 30 or more of those little suckers coming up and I am sure more will follow. I also have this annoying grass (bamboo grass) what a mistake to put this in several years ago. It was really neat and when I planted it I contained it so it would not spread however little did I know it spreads from these very pretty seed type pods that grow on it in late summer. I pulled the main plant out after the first year but I must have hundreds of these little grass plants coming up every year and they are a pain to pull out as they have fairly deep and wide roots, even with how wet the ground was today they were still challenging to get out. Another thing I noticed while out in my yard is that my lotus pond plant is starting to grow. I moved it from the main pond where it would not freeze this past winter and put it in it's new home a 10-15 gallon pot of water that looks like a whiskey barrel. I started this plant last year from seed and am glad to see it make it over the winter. Hopefully I will get blooms on it this year. Several of my water lillies have begun to grow as well in the pond. Will have to finish pulling weeds this weekend so that I can get mulch down.

Reaction score
Today was a fairly successful day in doing some yard work. I split one hosta into 5 separate pieces and planted them around my pin oak out front. I was also able to split some of my shasta daisy. Then I started putting down my pine straw mulch the front yard is complete and abut 25% of the back yard. The blue bucket in the photo is my weed bucket.
P1040994.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tmann, your garden looks magical - it's so detailed and unique. I like the simple fence and I love the bridges and the stones.
The pelican made me smile:)

Ask a Question